Starting issues - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG ZS

Old 21-04-2008, 15:17   #1
Mg4life

Mg4life will become famous soon enough
Default Starting issues

I have noticed this on all my zs's and i still cant work out what is going on. Basically every now and again i will get in my car and it makes a few bleeps, and when i try starting it literally just ticks over. The on the 2nd start it always starts first time. Now i have tried pressing the unlock button on the immobiliser pad and pressing it also for a few seconds thinking it was this but makes no difference. I donít think it is a fault because i have had 5 mark1s and 1 mark2 and have always had this problem. Any help much appreciated
Advertisement

Old 21-04-2008, 15:33   #2
Phatashki
MG ZS 180 Mk2 Starlight Silver

Phatashki is a glorious beacon of lightPhatashki is a glorious beacon of lightPhatashki is a glorious beacon of lightPhatashki is a glorious beacon of lightPhatashki is a glorious beacon of lightPhatashki is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Starting issues

The beeping sound is the immobiliser not seeing the transponder chip in the remote. As far as i know i think it was only the mk2 it bleeps and was silent on the mk1, Move the remote closer to the barrel or key when starting.

Saying that I still get the problem sometimes of it trying to turn over but it just wont start even tho i automaticly now hold the remote next to the key when starting. I've always put it down to the fuel pump not fully priming as it usually happens when i try and start it quickly and not wait for it finish, but i haven't tested it fully enough to see if its the problem.
Phatashki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 15:39   #3
R8NMG
MKII MGZS180

R8NMG has much to be proud ofR8NMG has much to be proud ofR8NMG has much to be proud ofR8NMG has much to be proud ofR8NMG has much to be proud ofR8NMG has much to be proud ofR8NMG has much to be proud ofR8NMG has much to be proud of

It certainly does sound like the immobiliser kicking in. If you key fob on your keyring dangle quite a distance from the ignition barrel then yes the signal could not have been received to disable the immobiliser. Turn the ignition back to '0' and try starting again with the fob closer to the ignition barrel.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21-04-2008, 18:19   #4
bobdope2002
BANNED

bobdope2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah mine does this from time to time

If i open the door and leave the door open so it doesnt Auto lock itself for about 5 mins ,when i jump back into the car to start it up it wont just Makes the starter noise.

With a simple turn to "0" and start again its fine

ts a common thing buddy dont worry

Bob
bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote