Gonna get slated by some but...... - Page 2 - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG6

Old 05-10-2012, 21:30   #36
higgi23
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection

higgi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonna get slated by some but......

Nice one Alan,defo like it in white,wonder if they do Biomorphic?......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 00:32   #37
MG ZS STE

Hexxagon Champion! Flash Invaders 2 Champion!
MG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to behold

6's are definitely a grower. Doubt they're gonna offer the same vaste choice of paint colours MGR did. Why didn't they offer white as a standard colour for the Z's ay? Would have looked awesome.
Old 07-10-2012, 00:23   #38
ian zs180

ian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to behold

Looks very nice alan enjoy it
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14-10-2012, 23:54   #39
Parsec
Still not cured of MG addiction

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely specced it looks smart does that!
My blog: http://www.blitterandtwisted.com - technology, gaming and entertainment
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 22:39   #40
ViT

ViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud of

I've had the pleasure of driving one, Quite impressed really but I'm just not interested until there's a more sporty one (Lower setup, more aggressive styling, bigger NASP petrol engine).

The 1.8 turbo is fine, does the job. Just doesn't "Fizz" if you follow? Not at all interested about a diesel MG.

I know the mass market doesn't want a gas guzzling rocket, bot for me MGs are special and should always sit on the drive next to a sensible car to make up for the bonkers approach to motoring.

The looks of the 6 are definitely growing on me, and from my short experience you'll be really happy, cracking value for money - especially a second hand buy! As I said, bigger engine, more aggressive styling and I'm won over.

Best of luck with her!
Old 24-10-2012, 22:18   #41
skyblueads

skyblueads is a jewel in the roughskyblueads is a jewel in the roughskyblueads is a jewel in the rough

Looks fantastic. Love the white. How are you finding it?

1973 MG BGT
1973 Austin 1300
1976 Rover 3500 S
1984 Mini Mayfair
1986 Peugeot 205 GR
2003 MG ZS 120+
2009 Citroen C3 Picasso 'Lily's Tour Bus!'
2012 Peugeot 208
skyblueads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 21:08   #42
aldon
Now in a 3

aldon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblueads View Post
Looks fantastic. Love the white. How are you finding it?
Absolutely loving it. Just starting to take it over 3k revs now I've got to the 900 mile mark.

Wife finds the hand brake hard to take off but it does seem to be loosening off a bit.

Nothing rattles or squeaks apart from the leather seats in the rear. But they have been treated with A-Glaze so I've got a feeling its that.

And the reason for the squashed drivers seat you see on the test cars is because it is quite a distance to the edge of the sill, so you find that you sort of turn in the seat and sit facing out before getting out.

Going to NEC on saturday so hopefully should get a decent run.

Averaging 32mpg with an average speed of 21mph over the last week so I'm quite happy with that.
aldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 14:58   #43
skyblueads

skyblueads is a jewel in the roughskyblueads is a jewel in the roughskyblueads is a jewel in the rough

Excellent. If I were to buy a 6 I think white would be right at the top of my pics for colour. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

1973 MG BGT
1973 Austin 1300
1976 Rover 3500 S
1984 Mini Mayfair
1986 Peugeot 205 GR
2003 MG ZS 120+
2012 Peugeot 208
Old 28-10-2012, 21:47   #44
aldon
Now in a 3

aldon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond repute

And to cap it off I prefer the hatch to the saloon.

Saw them side by side at TGL and we decided there that we made the right decision. But I think it could also boil down to colour.
Old 29-10-2012, 01:09   #45
The Express Valeter
Passionate about MGR.Cars.

The Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldon View Post
the reason for the squashed drivers seat you see on the test cars is because it is quite a distance to the edge of the sill, so you find that you sort of turn in the seat and sit facing out before getting out.
I have a customer with a 6 who bought it new last Summer. i don't know how many miles are on the car but at a guess around 3000 & his has the same squashed edge. I don't think he has noticed it but I have.
The Express Valeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 16:20   #46
skyblueads

Quote:
And to cap it off I prefer the hatch to the saloon.

Saw them side by side at TGL and we decided there that we made the right decision. But I think it could also boil down to colour.
I prefer the GT, too. I'm hoping to get some time in a diesel version soon.

1973 MG BGT
1973 Austin 1300
1976 Rover 3500 S
1984 Mini Mayfair
1986 Peugeot 205 GR
2003 MG ZS 120+
2012 Peugeot 208
Old 06-11-2012, 20:29   #47
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura about

We went for the hatch over the saloon too.
Old 06-11-2012, 20:52   #48
aldon
Now in a 3

Noticed a big problem with the boot last night.

Put some shopping in and it slid to the back of the boot on the way home and I couldn't reach it
Old 07-11-2012, 14:42   #49
paul1957

paul1957 will become famous soon enoughpaul1957 will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Gonna get slated by some but......

Oh dear thats bad
scorpion back box
straight thru centre
inner wing cone filter
ebc green pads
paul1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 17:06   #50
tcb180

tcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud of

Now why don't 888 get hold of them and do the buisness they did with the Astra's ?
Old 07-11-2012, 17:23   #51
peteT16

peteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Put some shopping in and it slid to the back of the boot on the way home and I couldn't reach it
You need a boot liner and one of those non slip mats, We've one in the zs no sliding about now.
Old 07-11-2012, 18:09   #52
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

On the plus side the rear seats are dead easy to put down so shopping retrieval can be done that way
Old 07-11-2012, 21:32   #53
aldon
Now in a 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
On the plus side the rear seats are dead easy to put down so shopping retrieval can be done that way
Not even looked at that yet LOL too busy enjoying it.
Old 20-11-2012, 21:41   #54
ashy90

ashy90 is on a distinguished road

That does look very nice indeed. Infact it is actually quite a striking car, which no doubt the white colour helps.

Have not seen it around Worthing yet!

Also, what dealership did you use? Am assuming the one over Brighton way? (I think there is one near Brighton anyway)

Last edited by ashy90; 20-11-2012 at 21:47.
ashy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 21:55   #55
aldon
Now in a 3

Rivervale Cars at Portslade.

Not to be seen in Worthing because I'm usually stuck in a traffic jam lately.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:20   #56
ashy90

ashy90 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Gonna get slated by some but......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashy90 View Post

Have not seen it around Worthing yet!
or maybe I have now.....

Quote:
Rivervale Cars at Portslade.

Not to be seen in Worthing because I'm usually stuck in a traffic jam lately.
Dont suppose you was at Tesco Durrington on Sunday morning? As there was a white MG6 in parents/child space that I walked past when going in to work
ashy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 23:26   #57
aldon
Now in a 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashy90 View Post
or maybe I have now.....

Dont suppose you was at Tesco Durrington on Sunday morning? As there was a white MG6 in parents/child space that I walked past when going in to work
Nope, never been there. Homebush is closer. Sorry
Old 18-12-2012, 20:26   #58
new160

new160 will become famous soon enough

I have recently bought a blue TSE. Very impressed with it but it is a huge learning curve with all the electronic functions.

I was finding that fewer companies will insure a modified car for over seventies so decided to get rid of a potential problem before it rears it's head in a few years time.

Went for a 61 reg one with just over 12K miles. Picked it up from Huddersfield.
Just put the number plate from the ZR on it.

Now spending all my time breaking the ZR160 so my wife has been driving it. It is one of a handfull in Scotland. It is a real shame but It is worth about four times the value breaking it than trading it in.

I owned the ZR for seven years from new I just hope the 6 does as well.
new160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 17:23   #59
pie58

pie58 is on a distinguished road

Hi people, not been on here for a couple of years, but as an Ex MG ZS x2, MGTF and even an MG maestro owner in the past I am seriously thinking about returning to the fold.
I have looked a various reviews of the 6 and read all your comments so am seriously thinking about getting one in a month or two.
I am tempted to get a year old SE or TSE as they do depreciate a fair bit from new, I intend keeping this one for at least 5 years.
Its time for the CLC to go and for me to return to MG land, I like to be different!
Am I allowed back?? :-)
Old 11-01-2013, 21:05   #60
Talkingcars

Talkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant future

MG's are a bit like hotel calafornia............
Current projects
OEM Cruise control
Climate control in a mk1 consol
Thinking about
LPG
Pop up sat nav

WWW.TALKINGCARS.ME.UK
Talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 18:11   #61
pie58

pie58 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Gonna get slated by some but......

Well a month or two didnt last long!
Have been to B&G this morning, test drove an year old SE, paid for it this afternoon and picking it up on Friday!!

You can check out but you can never leave!!

Next job is to put my plate on "M6 WKC"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4205165D-6C76-4953-8313-931BF8C318AE.jpg (43.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 23-01-2013, 19:32   #62
new160

new160 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie58 View Post
Well a month or two didnt last long!
Have been to B&G this morning, test drove an year old SE, paid for it this afternoon and picking it up on Friday!!

You can check out but you can never leave!!

Next job is to put my plate on "M6 WKC"
Good choice. Those year old cars offer tremendous value for money.

That's the first choice colour my wife wanted but ended up with the blue TSE.

They become quite adictive once you have driven one on a winding open road.

Iain
new160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 21:31   #63
aldon
Now in a 3

Congratulations. Sure you'll love it.

Nice colour, but looks better in white
Old 25-01-2013, 09:29   #64
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Great choice.... especially the colour