Gonna get slated by some but...... - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG6

Old 23-09-2012, 18:17   #1
aldon
Now in a 3

aldon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gonna get slated by some but......

I've ordered a new MG6.

White hatch (or should I say GT) TSE.

Good price for i10, 3k for old punto and sweet talked sales man for a tse for not much more than a SE.

Hopefully have it week Monday.

Looking forward to it. Plan is to keep it for several years.

Wife wants to buy a house down here (gulp!) so no more luxuries after this.
aldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-09-2012, 18:33   #2
Talkingcars

Talkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gonna get slated by some but......

and congratulated by others - pleased you can get back into a proper car again

There is someone on zscentral who has just bought one as well, well hubby has chopped his scooby in for one.
Current projects
OEM Cruise control
Climate control in a mk1 consol
Thinking about
LPG
Pop up sat nav

WWW.TALKINGCARS.ME.UK
Talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 18:47   #3
Windy
It's a big fan

Windy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant future

I think it is a very limited number that will slate you for that!!!

Enjoy the
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23-09-2012, 19:08   #4
shroonie29
Audi S4 500HP

shroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Alan.

That test drive was worth it then

Last edited by shroonie29; 23-09-2012 at 21:51.
shroonie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 19:29   #5
Pompski

Pompski has a spectacular aura aboutPompski has a spectacular aura about

Excellent news! I would honestly love to get one as our joint car here at home and keep the ZS to play with.

Good on ya!
Pompski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 21:38   #6
The Express Valeter
Passionate about MGR.Cars.

The Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud of

There are a few MG6 owners on the www.brit-cars.com forum, they will be chuffed.
The Express Valeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 23:06   #7
Jerry
MG V8 Nut

Jerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud of

Well Done.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 23:44   #8
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Gonna get slated by some but......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkingcars View Post
There is someone on zscentral who has just bought one as well
That'd be me GT TSE in granite grey.

Congratulations on your purchase too
Old 23-09-2012, 23:59   #9
aldon
Now in a 3

aldon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
That'd be me GT TSE in granite grey.

Congratulations on your purchase too
Tracy, did you find the 'official' reviews way off too. Especially with regards to interior plastics?

Bought yours new or one of the second hand ones?
Old 24-09-2012, 10:48   #10
ffaf1986

ffaf1986 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations have been tempted myself

2010 Honda accord
ffaf1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 14:01   #11
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldon View Post
Tracy, did you find the 'official' reviews way off too. Especially with regards to interior plastics?

Bought yours new or one of the second hand ones?
Yes, this is the thing - the car sold it's self to my husband. We took one out for a test drive from AppleMG last Sunday. We both really liked it and he decided to sell the Subaru privately as we'd get more for it that way. Car is on order and we should get it on Friday We went for a new one, did you?

I have been on 2 long journeys in a friends one and was impressed with it anyway but for Dale to want one it can't be that bad!
Old 24-09-2012, 20:02   #12
aldon
Now in a 3

Yes Tracy, bought a new one.

Actually went to look at a second hand SE with 15k on the clock, but after talking to the sales rep for not many more 's + the 3k offer we could have a new tse.

Ordered it on Sunday, says it might be possible to have it this weekend, but cant see it tbh.
Old 25-09-2012, 18:10   #13
aldon
Now in a 3

Quote:
Yes Tracy, bought a new one.

Actually went to look at a second hand SE with 15k on the clock, but after talking to the sales rep for not many more 's + the 3k offer we could have a new tse.

Ordered it on Sunday, says it might be possible to have it this weekend, but cant see it tbh.
Update:- looking like we cant take delivery until the end of next week.
Old 25-09-2012, 18:27   #14
Windy
It's a big fan

Windy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Update:- looking like we cant take delivery until the end of next week.
Has it not been made yet?
Old 25-09-2012, 18:47   #15
aldon
Now in a 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
Has it not been made yet?
Probably, email I got this morning from dealer says it was ordered with MG yesterday and will be dispatched by the end of this week. But delivery wont be until middle of next week.
Also having it A glazed. I know a lot of people say a waste of money but I had the i10 supaguarded and that has been great for the last year, water still beads off and no marks from the seagull crap.
Old 25-09-2012, 19:56   #16
Sneekyparrot

Sneekyparrot has a spectacular aura aboutSneekyparrot has a spectacular aura aboutSneekyparrot has a spectacular aura about

Not my cuppa tea but it's got an mg badge on it so thumbs up!

P.
Sneekyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 23:50   #17
mattie007
The Green Machine

mattie007 is a splendid one to beholdmattie007 is a splendid one to beholdmattie007 is a splendid one to beholdmattie007 is a splendid one to beholdmattie007 is a splendid one to beholdmattie007 is a splendid one to beholdmattie007 is a splendid one to behold

Nice one! If the ZS has anymore problems I'll probably get a second hand one.
Great cars.
Old 26-09-2012, 22:33   #18
witness
Registered nUber

witness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant future

Quote:
I've ordered a new MG6.

White hatch (or should I say GT) TSE.

Good price for i10, 3k for old punto and sweet talked sales man for a tse for not much more than a SE.

Hopefully have it week Monday.

Looking forward to it. Plan is to keep it for several years.

Wife wants to buy a house down here (gulp!) so no more luxuries after this.
Congratulations Alan your back!!!!

Great choice of colour, dont forget to get some pics up. Got any plans to modify it?

When the Diesel comes out I may consider opting out of the company scheme for one as the petrol MPG would kill me. 32k in my current car since November last year .

http://www.23i.co.uk/
witness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 22:43   #19
Car13

Car13 has much to be proud ofCar13 has much to be proud ofCar13 has much to be proud ofCar13 has much to be proud ofCar13 has much to be proud ofCar13 has much to be proud ofCar13 has much to be proud ofCar13 has much to be proud of

Your enjoy the car I am sure. Sound purchase
If keeping for 3-4 years.
Car13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 23:06   #20
aldon
Now in a 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by witness View Post
Congratulations Alan your back!!!!

Great choice of colour, dont forget to get some pics up. Got any plans to modify it?

When the Diesel comes out I may consider opting out of the company scheme for one as the petrol MPG would kill me. 32k in my current car since November last year .
No modifications Rob. (not while under warranty anyway)

Going to enjoy it as it is.

Very happy with the deal we got but the dealer was not willing to give it away.
Old 26-09-2012, 23:24   #21
Parsec
Still not cured of MG addiction

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, hope you're happy with it when it arrives. Put some pictures up
My blog: http://www.blitterandtwisted.com - technology, gaming and entertainment
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 11:50   #22
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Quick hijack.... got ours (as you know ) Look forward to seeing pics of yours

Old 30-09-2012, 21:10   #23
aldon
Now in a 3

Looking good.

Really really cant wait for ours.

How long did it take Tracy? We were initially told about 3 weeks then when we ordered he said a week which then turned into 1.5 to 2 weeks.

Not frustrated but cant wait!
Old 30-09-2012, 21:23   #24
higgi23
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection

higgi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for you to get it Alan,welcome back to MG buddy,get some pics up won't ya.........
Old 30-09-2012, 22:26   #25
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Quote:
Looking good.

Really really cant wait for ours.

How long did it take Tracy? We were initially told about 3 weeks then when we ordered he said a week which then turned into 1.5 to 2 weeks.

Not frustrated but cant wait!
Thanks Ours was just under 1.5 weeks - we went for a test drive on the 16th, ordered the car on the 19th, it was registered on the 25th and delivered on the 28th. I don't know if it makes any difference but we ordered ours direct from MG UK rather than through our local dealer. Hope yours is here soon
Old 01-10-2012, 22:02   #26
aldon
Now in a 3

Spoke to dealer today. Car is currently at longbridge waiting for a transporter to come to the south of England

Apparantly it is down for delivery on Wednesday, then I have to wait a further 24 hours for the dealer to A glaze it.

Hopefully Thursday or Friday evening depending on the time it turns up at the dealers.
Old 03-10-2012, 20:09   #27
aldon
Now in a 3

Thursday is the day!
Old 03-10-2012, 23:36   #28
Sambo1981

Tournaments Won: 1

Sambo1981 has much to be proud ofSambo1981 has much to be proud ofSambo1981 has much to be proud ofSambo1981 has much to be proud ofSambo1981 has much to be proud ofSambo1981 has much to be proud ofSambo1981 has much to be proud ofSambo1981 has much to be proud of

Welcome back. Not even slightly tempted to guinea pig for Piper exhaust and reidy remap?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:01   #29
aldon
Now in a 3

Well, here it is. Absolutely love it.

Only problem now is max 3k revs for first 900 miles :-(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mg6 2.jpg (56.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg mg6 1.jpg (68.8 KB, 88 views)
Old 05-10-2012, 01:23   #30
Windy
It's a big fan

Quote:
Well, here it is. Absolutely love it.

Only problem now is max 3k revs for first 900 miles :-(

With all that torque from the turbo and the low gearing so you can still do 70 on the motorway that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The problem will be keeping it clean through the winter months, but it does look very smart in white
Old 05-10-2012, 10:54   #31
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Very nice - those 900 miles will soon come round and, as Windy said, it's not that hard to keep under 3000 revs. Hope you enjoy it as much as we are ours
Old 05-10-2012, 14:28   #32
paul1957

paul1957 will become famous soon enoughpaul1957 will become famous soon enough
MG Re: Gonna get slated by some but......

looks very smart.hope you enjoy it as much as the zed
scorpion back box
straight thru centre
inner wing cone filter
ebc green pads
paul1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 14:49   #33
tcb180

tcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud oftcb180 has much to be proud of

Nowt wrong with a white car at all. I love them. Looking good mate.
Old 05-10-2012, 15:44   #34
shroonie29
Audi S4 500HP

shroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good alan.

the white is v smart
Old 05-10-2012, 19:53   #35
witness
Registered nUber

witness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant futurewitness has a brilliant future

Lovey Alan, white has got to be the best colour. Congrats!!

http://www.23i.co.uk/
witness is offline   Reply With Quote