Commies taking over facebook! - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG6

Old 23-07-2012, 16:23   #1
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Gary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant future
Default Commies taking over facebook!

Posted a few down to earth POVs on the state of mg now and the powers that be over on the mg bit of FB have chosen to remove them - so much for free speech eh?

Its a little like .org - post what you want as long as its positive.

"Strength through work" etc

Why do they get given the power from FB to do this?
Money talks?
Advertisement

Old 23-07-2012, 16:32   #2
peteT16

peteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commies taking over facebook!

resistance is futile, you WILL be assimilated
Old 23-07-2012, 17:38   #3
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Gary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant future

They'll never take me!

Oh, who's that at the door....

Old 23-07-2012, 17:44   #4
peteT16

peteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond reputepeteT16 has a reputation beyond repute

On a more serious note, deleting any negative opinions of the new MG is not a particularly healthy state of affairs, however the sales figures tell their own story.
Old 23-07-2012, 17:56   #5
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteT16 View Post
On a more serious note, deleting any negative opinions of the new MG is not a particularly healthy state of affairs, however the sales figures tell their own story.
Obviously paying someone to monitor FB (24/7?) so why not answer criticisms rather than delete - theres still some negative ones there but obviously they have a cull every now and then.

The sales figs don't even suggest MG fans are buying them, never mind anyone else. Censoring the views of MG fans ain't gonna help their cause at all.
Old 23-07-2012, 22:15   #6
aldon
Now in a 3

aldon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gee View Post
Obviously paying someone to monitor FB (24/7?) so why not answer criticisms rather than delete - theres still some negative ones there but obviously they have a cull every now and then.

The sales figs don't even suggest MG fans are buying them, never mind anyone else. Censoring the views of MG fans ain't gonna help their cause at all.
In my opinion your view here is entirely correct.

I have posted on several f/b threads about the various mg deals.

They seem to be concentrating all their efforts on the mg community. 90% of which won't touch one with a barge poll. And also the Birmingham area which is probably still smarting over what happened to mg-rover and the chinese backing out until it was gone to snap it up later at a bargain price.

Example: the NO VAT if you are (or join quickly) a member of the mg car club.

and 15% discount if you read the Birmingham evening news.

I posted about these offers and the reply was to go to my local dealers to see what offers they have got.

How about having some good deals and actually telling the public that they are available.
aldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 07:39   #7
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldon View Post
In my opinion your view here is entirely correct.

I have posted on several f/b threads about the various mg deals.

They seem to be concentrating all their efforts on the mg community. 90% of which won't touch one with a barge poll. And also the Birmingham area which is probably still smarting over what happened to mg-rover and the chinese backing out until it was gone to snap it up later at a bargain price.

Example: the NO VAT if you are (or join quickly) a member of the mg car club.

and 15% discount if you read the Birmingham evening news.

I posted about these offers and the reply was to go to my local dealers to see what offers they have got.

How about having some good deals and actually telling the public that they are available.
Rather than faffing about with all these offers I don't know why, for say a month, they don't just take a hit and knock 3k off them all. They may make a loss but then if the sales figs don't change it won't exactly be a huge loss.

I just think they've missed the boat, there seems to be a lot of hope pinned on the diesel and new models, but if you cannot make an impact with a brand new super - duper all singing, all dancing (this is the 6 I'm on about btw, just incase you don't recognise it), what hope DO you have?
Old 24-07-2012, 10:25   #8
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Well they're still at it on FB, added some other comments last night and asked for explanation of why my posts were removed - no reply at all and these posts removed = absolutely no chance of me ever supporting these Chinese backed wasters.

Get serious and and answer critics or "get off my land", its your choice.
Old 24-07-2012, 10:39   #9
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Lets see if they wanna play nice or do the "its my bat and my ball and I'm not pwaying anymore"

This is the 4th or so time I've asked about deleted posts - if you don't hear me from me again you know they've got me...

Old 08-08-2012, 09:17   #10
cutlerl12

cutlerl12 has a spectacular aura aboutcutlerl12 has a spectacular aura aboutcutlerl12 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Lets see if they wanna play nice or do the "its my bat and my ball and I'm not pwaying anymore"

This is the 4th or so time I've asked about deleted posts - if you don't hear me from me again you know they've got me...

did you never do history at school? not meant as a dig but...

chinese are renound for limiting what there own country can veiw on the net every thing is restricted monitered(dictatorship) and i assume that this is the same with the mg brand there trying to protect it but like you said it doesnt make it look good at all deleting posts.
cutlerl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:22   #11
cutlerl12

cutlerl12 has a spectacular aura aboutcutlerl12 has a spectacular aura aboutcutlerl12 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerl12 View Post

chinese are renound for limiting what there own country can veiw on the net every thing is restricted monitered(dictatorship) and i assume that this is the same with the mg brand there trying to protect it but like you said it doesnt make it look good at all deleting posts.
one thing i wish was that mg kept it in the uk....goverment should of helped when it went...kept some manufactering in the ukwould of been good for apprenticeships...but because longbridge was such a vast site suppose it makes more money being a college and houses.

i dont think i would be able to tell you what we make in this country anymore....and i wonder why the country is in the state its in...
cutlerl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18   #12
Windy
It's a big fan

Windy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerl12 View Post
i dont think i would be able to tell you what we make in this country anymore....and i wonder why the country is in the state its in...
Well we make a lot of vehicles:

Quote:
Car-makers in the UK are on course to break a 40-year manufacturing record by building more than 2million vehicles annually by 2015, according to forecasts released today.
Much more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...#ixzz22wYRrkKE

OK, even if we achieve the 2 million, SAIC alone are on course for 5 million this year, but we are a relativly small country.

The other thing we seem to be producing at the moment is Olympic medals - why on earth is our small country third in the world with twice the number of our nearest competitor Is that where we have invested our money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerl12
I suspect the internet did not exist when Gary was in school and the world was a very different place, especially China!

I guess it was about the time of the chinese civil war and the start of their communist era? Thankfully they have now returned to a capitalist system because without that change MG would no longer exist!
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 20:18   #13
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

You know Windy, I have no idea when the Chinese civil war was - could have been last year, could have been 2000 years ago for all I know!
I'm no expert on China, unlike your good self...

And do you know what?

I really don't give a ****** (add any of a whole range of words there O mighty one!)

If you believe China is truly free then you are even more deluded than I have given you credit for ever since China stole MG and turned it into mg.

Capitalist, mmmm, maybe for the owners of the companies, the workers - well I guess they're on the modern day equivalent of a handful of rice per day.

The last time I checked the UK is a country where free speech is encouraged, though mg see fit to impose different ideals on FB

TBH if mg want to stick their fingers in their ears and sing "La la la" and ignore criticisms then to be frank they deserve to fail
Old 08-08-2012, 21:43   #14
caled

caled is a jewel in the roughcaled is a jewel in the roughcaled is a jewel in the roughcaled is a jewel in the rough

Windy! What do you think you're doing bringing facts and common sense to this argument!
Old 08-08-2012, 23:22   #15
Windy
It's a big fan

Windy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant future

Quote:
The last time I checked the UK is a country where free speech is encouraged, though mg see fit to impose different ideals on FB
Hmm, we seem to have free speech as long as we are careful about what we say:

Quote:
A 17-year-old was detained at a guest house in Weymouth, Dorset in the early hours of yesterday morning after a string of offensive messages appeared on a social networking site.

A police spokesman said the youth had been arrested on suspicion of malicious communications and was helping detectives with their inquiries.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oly...ter-abuse.html

Do you not remember the days of Red Robo when "The Communist Party then dominated the Longbridge workforce"? http://www.grahamstevenson.me.uk/ind...8:r&Itemid=126

Things have changed since then both here and there!

As for facebook, I think shopkeepers in the UK have always had the right to control what appears in their shop windows!
Old 08-08-2012, 23:23   #16
Windy
It's a big fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
Windy! What do you think you're doing bringing facts and common sense to this argument!
Good question
Old 09-08-2012, 18:01   #17
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post

I think you'll find that what Windy brings to this is a VERY Chinese slanted argument!

OK, you love China saic nac and everything else even remotely far eastern, others don't, quite why you feel commited to changing everybody over to your viewpoint I do not know, Chairman Windy.
Old 09-08-2012, 18:53   #18
caled

caled is a jewel in the roughcaled is a jewel in the roughcaled is a jewel in the roughcaled is a jewel in the rough

Sounds more like a well reasoned, factual and referenced one to me.
Old 09-08-2012, 19:10   #19
peteT16

Does it actually matter that the Chinese now own MG, it has put them on a more sound financial footing than they've enjoyed for years.

JLR is owned by Tata Industries and appears to be doing very nicely thank you.
Old 10-08-2012, 13:37   #20
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Quote:
Does it actually matter that the Chinese now own MG, it has put them on a more sound financial footing than they've enjoyed for years.

JLR is owned by Tata Industries and appears to be doing very nicely thank you.
JLR are still built here, in the very same factories as they used to be.

China did a lift and shift, now import cars 80% finished into the UK and call them British.

And that, my friend, is THE difference...
Old 10-08-2012, 15:46   #21
peteT16

Quote:
JLR are still built here, in the very same factories as they used to be.

China did a lift and shift, now import cars 80% finished into the UK and call them British.

And that, my friend, is THE difference...
Fair point.
Old 10-08-2012, 18:48   #22
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Quote:
Fair point.
I honestly do not have a problem with MG now being Chinese owned - afterall nobody in the UK was interested in buying / saving it.
Its the blatant attempts at selling what is clearly a Chinese car as a British one that gets my goat.
If they had done the same as Tata and simply invested etc, in reality they boxed up Longbridge and shipped it off quicker than you can say Jack Robinson.
Would Bentley and RR still be British if VAG and BMW had created it all up and shipped it all off and now those cars came from Germany with a Union Flag on all the advertising?
I've seen talk somewhere on MGR forums re the olympics closing ceremony and how the new MINI shouldn't be in it, now afaik the MINI was a British design and though owned by BMW are actually built / assembled here in the UK. Pretty British IMO.
Yet these same people say the 6 is British because some of it was designed here (I do not know where the Roewe on which it is based was designed tbh), then its 80% built in China with the remaining 20% that is bolted on here also being made / put together into sub-assemblies in China. NOT British IMO.

As for the comment from Windy about FB being mgs "shop window", well it actually isn't is it?
FB is a forum for free and open discussion, mg chose to try and peddle their wares there so should take the rough with the smooth.
If anyone has actually looked at that particular thread on FB they will see it stated by Steph that they sent me a message - to date this has not arrived... Make your own mind up if FB have cocked up (frankly this wouldn't be a surprise) or DID a message get sent...

Last edited by Gary Gee; 10-08-2012 at 18:57.
Gary Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 17:46   #23
Roverload

Roverload is just really niceRoverload is just really niceRoverload is just really niceRoverload is just really niceRoverload is just really nice

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, I think they deleted it because they know their project isn't coming along to plan, we're not all ranting and raving about it, we know it's not a real MG and never will be, they know their product sucks and are terrified of all that potential loss! If you want an example of a company that doesnt delete its complaints and negative comments visit the yodel FB page, it's a good read!
Old 03-09-2012, 00:21   #24
higgi23
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection

higgi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond reputehiggi23 has a reputation beyond repute

Mg,what's all this about,thought they went bust on 2005?(GOOGLE),yep April 2005,haven't seen any Phoenix rising,as for JLR we're doing quite nicely thankyou as long as we do as we are told and don't make any waves.....Sound familiar?
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42   #25
Windy
It's a big fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgi21 View Post
Mg,what's all this about,thought they went bust on 2005?(GOOGLE),yep April 2005,haven't seen any Phoenix rising...
I guess you havn't been reading the news then! MG is now a sister brand to Phoenix.

Quote:
SAIC 'Phoenix' car brand to rise from ashes

The brand Fenghuang, which means "phoenix" in Chinese, was synonymous with luxury automobiles until it went out of production 21 years ago, but now it is poised to rise again like its namesake bird...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/busines...t_14976387.htm

http://www.chinacartimes.com/2008/06...ake-a-phoenix/
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31   #26
ViT

ViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud of

I actually personally feel once China's car industry has started reaching potential, MG will fall off the map tbh. The car isn't anywhere near as good as a Germanic or American rival and I don't think China will ever produce a Audi beating auto mobile.

Eventually, customers in China will know what a car is and start exclusively looking for the Audi's and BMWs of the world. Just like, the rest of the world!

I give MG 20 years tops and then it'll be eitheer shelved as a marque or some other company will nab it.

Remember, to China, just changing a badge on a model at this stage in the game isn't a big effot so we could see them turn the MG6 into a Ford rip off over night. (If you follow my drift).

MG sells at the moment, but once China as consumers catch up with the rest of the world in terms of quality and refinement demands, fake China MG don't stand a chance with cars like the 6
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56   #27
peteT16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViT View Post
I actually personally feel once China's car industry has started reaching potential, MG will fall off the map tbh. The car isn't anywhere near as good as a Germanic or American rival and I don't think China will ever produce a Audi beating auto mobile.

Eventually, customers in China will know what a car is and start exclusively looking for the Audi's and BMWs of the world. Just like, the rest of the world!

I give MG 20 years tops and then it'll be eitheer shelved as a marque or some other company will nab it.

Remember, to China, just changing a badge on a model at this stage in the game isn't a big effot so we could see them turn the MG6 into a Ford rip off over night. (If you follow my drift).

MG sells at the moment, but once China as consumers catch up with the rest of the world in terms of quality and refinement demands, fake China MG don't stand a chance with cars like the 6
I'm old enough to remember when people used to say exactly the same thing about Japanese car makers.
Old 08-09-2012, 13:17   #28
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Quote:
I'm old enough to remember when people used to say exactly the same thing about Japanese car makers.
I would say that you are probably absolutely spot on there - do you also remember the first Jap cars to be imported, truly dire now. Sold on having loads of extras compared with rivals at the time; heaters, radios, elec aerials, HRWs etc
Sound familiar with another current car with "6" in the name?
As for Phoenix rising, if its like mgs relaunch than its not so much of a rising as a cough, burp, fart and fall flat on face tbh.

Mind you 6 sales in Aug is mighty impressive, or no doubt Windy will think so. But then all the real "experts" KNOW saic are keeping sales low in anticipation of the diesel launch, 6 is probably 5 more than they were aiming for :

What Japanese cars does anyone actually aspire to? Lexus? Thats about it isn't it?

Will anyone ever aspire to Chinese car one day? Oh look, I've won the lottery and splashed out on a great wall, or a geely? Maybe one of the clones (that according to the Chinese aren't clones), a nice RR lookalikey with Halfords 13" rims sir?

One day they will almost certainly be a hit with the white goods shopping car but never a car to buy for the fun of it.
I've said from day one that they only bought MG as a known brand to stick on humdrum cars, bet saic are kicking themselves that they didnt wait a few years and rape Sweden of its Saab badge instead.

Last edited by Gary Gee; 08-09-2012 at 13:23.
Gary Gee is offline   Reply With Quote