2k trade in for your Zed against a 6 - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG6

Old 01-06-2012, 19:22   #1
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Gary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant future
Default 2k trade in for your Zed against a 6

SAIC are pushing this again - had another email today.

So, anyone interested?

TBH they'd have to make it 10k to even make me think about it, seriously.
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 20:08   #2
ffaf1986

ffaf1986 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2k trade in for your Zed against a 6

for me im not even intersted as theres no sporty engine option yet

2010 Honda accord
ffaf1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 16:33   #3
Byron
The mechanic

Byron has a spectacular aura aboutByron has a spectacular aura about

Mg don't make a sports car anymore they are just run of the mill,so they need to rethink there selling point before expecting Zed owners to jump into a chinese kit car badged as a mg,shame they have dumped the kv6 as that would have gone down a storm in the mg5 .
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 17:20   #4
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Gary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant future

I honestly don't think I'd be interested if they offered me a direct swap - the 6 is just so unappealing to me.
Possibly a good enough car (who knows either way at the moment?) but if it were food it would be a slice of white bread with maybe a smear of cheap marg.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:21   #5
Gene Hunt
''Fire up the Quattro''.

Gene Hunt has a spectacular aura aboutGene Hunt has a spectacular aura aboutGene Hunt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gee View Post
SAIC are pushing this again - had another email today.

So, anyone interested?

TBH they'd have to make it 10k to even make me think about it, seriously.
.........might be worth it against one of the last TF's?. Still think these are over priced tho.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:03   #6
Parsec
Still not cured of MG addiction

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

2k is not that generous for a late mk1 or a mk2 either. I agree with the point that it's a totally different type of car.

The trouble is you can get some seriously nice cars a couple of years old for the same price as the 6's are at the moment.
My blog: http://www.blitterandtwisted.com - technology, gaming and entertainment
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 13:12   #7
MG ZS STE

Hexxagon Champion! Flash Invaders 2 Champion!
MG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to beholdMG ZS STE is a splendid one to behold

Or, keep your zed and buy this brand new one for 13k

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...12736/usedcars
Old 03-06-2012, 13:31   #8
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Were those hideous "twist" alloys a production of UK design?
Old 03-06-2012, 16:40   #9
Parsec

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Were those hideous "twist" alloys a production of UK design?
I think that's the base model where you get nasty allows. Too small as well as being ugly.
My blog: http://www.blitterandtwisted.com - technology, gaming and entertainment
Old 03-06-2012, 17:29   #10
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
I think that's the base model where you get nasty allows. Too small as well as being ugly.
Base and mid range (S & SE) are "blessed" with them. Funnily enough a lot of the promo pics or whatever show cars with these alloys but photoshopped or whatever to be about 21"

Last edited by Gary Gee; 03-06-2012 at 17:36.
Gary Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 18:10   #11
Parsec

Quote:
Base and mid range (S & SE) are "blessed" with them. Funnily enough a lot of the promo pics or whatever show cars with these alloys but photoshopped or whatever to be about 21"

Sneaky. They obviously realise that even 17" wheels are too small for the way the car is designed. Only the top model starts to look good with the 18" rims. My local dealers had a white one with some black stripes, and black wheels. That was pretty nice.