Who owns one? - Page 2 - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG6

View Poll Results: Do you or would you own an MG6 / Magnette?
I own a MG6 2 4.44%
I would like to own a MG6 10 22.22%
I would not like to own a MG6 14 31.11%
I own a Magnette 1 2.22%
I would like to own a Magnette 6 13.33%
I would not like to own a Magnette 4 8.89%
I would like to own a British built MG 20 44.44%
I do not care where my car is built 4 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-02-2012, 18:20   #36
GNASHER
Old Road Hound

GNASHER has a spectacular aura aboutGNASHER has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Who owns one?

I looked at a diesel one last week,as the cars on the test day,sweet FA wrong with the leather.
Advertisement

Old 20-02-2012, 18:39   #37
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Gary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
I looked at a diesel one last week,as the cars on the test day,sweet FA wrong with the leather.
Must have been better than the one I looked at - it was thin enough to read through, reckon kitchen towel would stay better looking for longer.
Have a look at pics of press cars - some are looking decidedly "baggy".
Ok they've had some use but compare a few months old with a few 1000 miles against what it will look like at 5 years old with 50 - 60k of use.
The car itself has grown on me - the company (saic) hasn't, I'd actually like the car more if they admitted its Chinese with an MG badge.
All this in the ads about great English brand and its related cobblers turns me right off.
Old 26-02-2012, 22:39   #38
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Gary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant futureGary Gee has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian zs180 View Post
Them wheels would look nice on my zed . omg there horrid what am i thinking they look like cheap wheel trims you get from b+m bargains
Set of old ZT alloys would sort it out:

Old 18-03-2012, 10:19   #39
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Quote:
Take a look at the drivers seat on this 8k miler then!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...13xj?logcode=p

Or this 7k miler:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...13xj?logcode=p

Just in case these ads finish heres the pics (8mth old / approx 8k mile cars remember), sorry about quality but camera phone pic of screen as I couldn't simply copy pic. Can't apologise about the quality of the leather as that ain't my fault

Last edited by Gary Gee; 18-03-2012 at 22:18. Reason: added pics
Gary Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 23:46   #40
ViT

ViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud of

As an owner of a Zed, I can't really say much about the quality of leather in cars lol

I've driven a 6, and it was fantastic. Really smooth engine, bags of grunt and it felt like I could throw it around corners as much as the ZR, and for a big saloon that's damn impressive.

I think style wise for me, the arse is too high! I'd like to see a sportier version, slightly lowered, something done with the bottom of the front bumper (Seems to angle up from the front wheel - looks strange to me, the whole car overall angles down from rear to front, but the lower front bumper profile angles up?)

I honestly think it's a great car, just in need of a better engine for 2012, and a few minor styling tweaks

Edit, And I don't like the light clusters for some reason. Look a bit "That'll do". Lights tend to define a model range, the MG 6's are a bit bland

Last edited by ViT; 20-03-2012 at 23:52.
ViT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 09:25   #41
Gary Gee
Commission Number 000744

Had a drive of one the other week and wasn't over impressed by the performance tbh, though there was much chance to give it wellie. Seems well packaged, for a car not much bigger than the ZS there's acres more interior space.
That leather being so poor makes me worry about other quality levels.
Those drivers seats (and theres others on Autotrader) look like they're pics of 200k Octavia taxis rather than cars that are nowhere near a year old yet.
Thers a Magnette TSE on AT at the moment, very low miles, barely 6 months old and 5k less than new - seems to hint at the 6 being well overpriced to me.
Old 21-03-2012, 23:46   #42
GNASHER
Old Road Hound

GNASHER has a spectacular aura aboutGNASHER has a spectacular aura about

The high boot line is to do with crash safety.
The oil burner is said to be fast.1.9 don't know the bhp.
Old 24-03-2012, 10:31   #43
ViT

ViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud ofViT has much to be proud of

Quote:
The high boot line is to do with crash safety.
The oil burner is said to be fast.1.9 don't know the bhp.
Didn't know the high boot line was a safety thing, cheers for that!
Old 25-04-2012, 15:43   #44
Jerry
MG V8 Nut

Jerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud of

Are you owners pleased with the car?

Looking at the MG website - interesting to see the deals available.

Great review by Quentin Wilson too.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 17:11   #45
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura about

The 2 owners that I know are. I travelled to POL and Donington and back to Kent in one the other weekend. I was impressed tbh.
Old 20-12-2012, 21:00   #46
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura about

Can I change my vote to "I own a MG6"?

We've done nearly 6000 miles in ours and have no major complaints. The couple of niggles were sorted by Apple MG. We did a 1200+ mile trip up to Inverness and back last week in all conditions - at one point down to -9 - the car was brilliant.
Old 20-12-2012, 22:24   #47
aldon
Now in a 3

aldon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. Originally said I wanted magnette. So happy I got a GT.

3k miles and so far best car we've ever had as an all round package.
aldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 09:13   #48
new160

new160 will become famous soon enough

I own one and have voted.

It is a blue TSE. Very deceptive car, the suspension is just right. My wife is finding she drives it faster in it then she drove the modified ZR160. It also seems more economical and can be thrown around as much as the ZR on country roads yet it is much more comfortable and quieter. Not the same zippy acceleration as the ZR but more than adequate.

The boot is huge but I will still be fitting a removable towbar.

I bought it at a year old and I consider that it is very good value for money.
There will be a huge learning curve trying to understand how to use all the gadgets built into it. The leather seats are very comfortable.
new160 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, mg6