ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins! - Page 8 - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG ZS

Old 07-02-2005, 01:19   #246
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

blue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

Alfa 147 gta's anybody! they'd surely be considered a satisfying victory-if you could actually beat one that is!

14.4 @ 102mph - nailing good 60ft's is a cow

Chrono Yellow FL LCR - turbo power is just so addictive!!!
blue harbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2005, 22:00   #247
lewerty1

Tournaments Won: 2

lewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to behold

any 1 come against a seat leon??? dunno if it was a curpa r, wasnt really payin much attention, but i was behind him listenin to my music and he kept slowin down didnt think much of it until i twigged at the roundabout but i messed up i should have been in 2nd and i tried to pull away in 3rd doh, so just wondered how i would do if i had been in the right gear
lewerty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 22:33   #248
MGLessTim

MGLessTim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewerty1
any 1 come against a seat leon??? dunno if it was a curpa r, wasnt really payin much attention, but i was behind him listenin to my music and he kept slowin down didnt think much of it until i twigged at the roundabout but i messed up i should have been in 2nd and i tried to pull away in 3rd doh, so just wondered how i would do if i had been in the right gear
The cupra R would have easily beat you as it has more torque and more bhp. They are a serious bit of kit. The standard cupra would be much closer (same torque and same bhp) and like you said its down to the driver.

the Cupra R has an overal exhaust the cupra has a twin exhaust. So easy to tell if your following. The Cupra R also has a different front to the cupra. both look very different to standard leons.
MGLessTim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2005, 22:38   #249
Dave V6
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.

Dave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond repute

Wirly took a cupra r apart other week ,said it handled crap and ive read the same.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Dave V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 22:40   #250
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

blue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone had a crack at a ctr yet!????-dave!?-you found any that were willin to play??????

Old 08-02-2005, 22:45   #251
Dave V6

Dave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond repute

I never come across owt worth dicing with unless im int shogun or ive got a car full.Theres a clio 182 and a couple of others going on travk day ill have a dice with if opportunity knocks.Thats assuming they aint got slicks on or summat in which case id need an evo to show em up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Old 09-02-2005, 00:26   #252
wirly
wait and see;-)

wirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebreen
Wirly took a cupra r apart other week ,said it handled crap and ive read the same.
dave this is true seen car around as well its the cupra r but looked standard on straights up his **** had to take foot off gas but through bends car was poor seemed to jump around
Old 09-02-2005, 00:28   #253
wirly
wait and see;-)

wirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I never come across owt worth dicing with unless im int shogun or ive got a car full.Theres a clio 182 and a couple of others going on travk day ill have a dice with if opportunity knocks.Thats assuming they aint got slicks on or summat in which case id need an evo to show em up.

dave 182's are quick and handle like go-carts mate they will prob have measure of you
Old 09-02-2005, 10:26   #254
Dave Morris

Dave Morris is a jewel in the roughDave Morris is a jewel in the roughDave Morris is a jewel in the roughDave Morris is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
dave 182's are quick and handle like go-carts mate they will prob have measure of you
Two of my mates have 182's. The Zed is quicker as the speed gets into treble figures and the ZED corners better as the 182 gets light when it lifts a rear wheel. Both my mates have said this. They both reckon the zed is a better performer but they dont like its looks.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:34   #255
ice180

ice180 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

My mate used to have a leon cupra adn my 180 was slightly quicker not much in it though but the 180 was far better at handling roundabouts and twisty roads he could not keep up on those sort of roads. The cupra R might be a different story as yet have not come up against one of those yet.
ice180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:44   #256
lewerty1

lewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue harbour
Anyone had a crack at a ctr yet!????-dave!?-you found any that were willin to play??????
mentioned this is a previous post had a play with a black one round my area was both going round a roundabout and then onto a dual carrage way he couldnt pull away from me but i didnt have enough power to over take him.
Old 09-02-2005, 23:57   #257
Dave V6

Blew summat away last night,prob a golf ,******* pulled out in front of me just before road opens to few hundred yards of dual carriageway sweeping right up to a round about,i pulled out to overtake him and plonked on the gas and the fronts lit up like i was on ice and i was rapidly wheelspinning towards his car,spose youd call it power understeer,if there is such a thing,anyway i lifted off and she came back instantly,i tried gettin on the power twice more and just kept lightin em up instantly,the 3rd time i must ave been going 50mph and it still did it ,then when i did manage to get some horses down the round about was all of a sudden very close and considering how slippy the road was i almost expected to go straight on as it swung tightly left,but all was well.
When my pilots are all dead im gonna put some real good rubber on ,ive thought they brilliant up to yet mind especially on dry roads, but that was a bit of a brown trouser moment.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:15   #258
lewerty1

whats gonna be better than pilots???
Old 10-02-2005, 11:23   #259
Parsec
Still not cured of MG addiction

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewerty1
whats gonna be better than pilots???
I agree. Wet or dry I don't think you're going to find much better. Only problem is cost.

Dave, maybe you're just getting low on tread? That doesn't matter as much in the dry (slicks ) but in the wet it's not good.
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 13:14   #260
Derek Wallace

Derek Wallace is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody,new to forum although browsed it for months.my zs180 seems to have developed just about every problem mentioned ie wipers opening boot,rattly back doors,(new one is paint comeing off door trim)however car still puts huge smile on face when i start her up and drive.anyway on to reply to thread i have beaten :vectra 3.2 gsi from behind (both wrong side of ton) clio cup 172 (his modified with exhaust at least) from roundabout me behind
he had a couple of mates in it but car still much lighter than mine. bm 330 convertable his face was a picture.many more besides.
sorry to babble on,anyway car is currently running on conti's and not as good in wet as michelins i had on previous zs 120. cheers.
Derek Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 13:28   #261
Dave V6

I can get pilots for 105 which aint bad,but might get them toyo track/road tyres 888 jobs,be crap int rain probably but i can live with that for the extra grins when its dry.
Mine still have a good amount of tread but its the age of them as well int it ,they been on the car since it was new and its an 03 reg so rubbers at least 2 years old and tyres harden with age dont they.Them toyos only 118 each ,so almost same as pilots.

Old 10-02-2005, 17:08   #262
Parsec

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Wallace
Hi everybody,new to forum although browsed it for months.my zs180 seems to have developed just about every problem mentioned ie wipers opening boot,rattly back doors,(new one is paint comeing off door trim)however car still puts huge smile on face when i start her up and drive.anyway on to reply to thread i have beaten :vectra 3.2 gsi from behind (both wrong side of ton) clio cup 172 (his modified with exhaust at least) from roundabout me behind
he had a couple of mates in it but car still much lighter than mine. bm 330 convertable his face was a picture.many more besides.
sorry to babble on,anyway car is currently running on conti's and not as good in wet as michelins i had on previous zs 120. cheers.
Some good wins there, particularly the panzer. I take it you beat him due to handling and driver ability? I wouldn't expect to beat one in a drag race.
Old 10-02-2005, 18:30   #263
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Anybody considered goodyear eagle f1's!?-heard some good reports on them for bothwet and dry grip!

Old 10-02-2005, 18:57   #264
Dave V6

Whats a PANZER?
How much are they harbs.?

Old 10-02-2005, 19:24   #265
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Tyres!-dunno dave-got a feelin a mate of mine said he was payin around 120 a tyre for 215/ 45/ 17's-dont quote me though-could just be my memory

Oh i-panzer!-german tank!-so i assume they were reffering to the vauxhall!

Old 10-02-2005, 19:28   #266
Dave V6

Oh right ,i think you mean the bmw matey!

Old 10-02-2005, 19:38   #267
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Could be either though could'nt it both vauxhall and bmw are german-and the new vectra's are very tank lookin-there orrible!

Old 10-02-2005, 21:01   #268
Dave V6

Tbh ive always thought the vectras have looked ok,its the dynamics thats not to good.

Old 10-02-2005, 21:12   #269
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

MG Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

What even the new ones!!!!!!!!????-there terrible!

Do like the mkII's though!-a mate of mine has just got a MKII gsi hatch in silver and that's very nice!-seats may have the recaro badge on em but tbh i think that the seats in the zed are more comfy-but then again that's somet i've always thought for a long time-that the sportier rovers(sei's/gti's/gsi's/coupe's) and now the modern zeds,have always had a lot of other manufacturers pegged for good supportive comfortable seats in there cars!-other than that though i do like the mkII vectra gsi's!

Anyone have any idea of what the zs180's would be like compared to the veccy gsi's?-cos im sure that the later gsi models were 195bhp jobbies-how's the zs180 stack up against one of these!?-do we have em pegged!?-or is it a close run thing!?

Old 10-02-2005, 22:09   #270
lewerty1

standard they zs180 would prob lose, but a modded zs like mine was when i raced one ages ago i beat 2nd gear was neck and neck into 3rd and i started to edge away , all good fun that when i did my top speed in my car
Old 10-02-2005, 22:24   #271
Dave V6

They not quite as quick Harbs cause they very long geared and pretty eavy ,quoted0-60 was 8 secs and 0-100 in 21secs compared to 7.3 and 18.9.

Old 10-02-2005, 22:25   #272
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Hmm,would've expected a bit more from the zed tbh ,cos iirc the vectra's(gsi's)-are geared long-and personally i would have thought that the zed would have had the legs on the veccy's as far as acceleration goes!-granted when the speeds start gettin silly-then the veccy should start to nose out due to the longer gearing!

Old 10-02-2005, 22:27   #273
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Quote:
They not quite as quick Harbs cause they very long geared and pretty eavy ,quoted0-60 was 8 secs and 0-100 in 21secs compared to 7.3 and 18.9.

Thought that myself tbh dave-are'nt they rated to somet daft like 155mph flat out-due to the long gearing!-sure they are!

Old 10-02-2005, 22:41   #274
robbo sps

robbo sps will become famous soon enoughrobbo sps will become famous soon enough

Not a 180 but...

ZS115 + a bit ore beat an ST170 Focus, from pull off to 100 at the Dartford river Crossing...

Still happy with that one.
robbo sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 22:48   #275
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

One thing that the vauxhall v6's do seem to have us kv6 boys pegged on is the sound they make!

For some reason the kv6 does'nt seem to have the bark all the way through the rev range like the vauxhall lump does! The kv6-(when fitted with an induction kit) is fairly quiet up till about the 2500 rpm mark(when you hear it start to rumble!),then it deepens again at approx 3000-4000, then beyond 4000rpm it changes tone and starts to howell! -wereas the vauxhall lump just seems more growly from the word go-the noise is there straight away!-is this down to the variable geometrey induction system that the kv6 employs do we think!?-or something else!?

It ain't just me that's gone totally barkin ere! -cos i know several folk who've had various incarnation's of the vectra's(supertouring 200's,and gsi etc)-and they've all sounded the same!-just seem to have a bit more bark all round(especially lower down!)-wonder why?

Old 10-02-2005, 22:50   #276
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo sps
Not a 180 but...

ZS115 + a bit ore beat an ST170 Focus, from pull off to 100 at the Dartford river Crossing...

Still happy with that one.
Well done there!

Old 10-02-2005, 23:14   #277
Parsec

Quote:
It ain't just me that's gone totally barkin ere! -cos i know several folk who've had various incarnation's of the vectra's(supertouring 200's,and gsi etc)-and they've all sounded the same!-just seem to have a bit more bark all round(especially lower down!)-wonder why?
I was meaning the beemer with the panzer comment. Sorry for any confusion.

As for the Vauxhall V6 I know what you mean, a mate used to have a Vectra GSi (previous shape, and the 2.5 not the 2.6) and they do sound more gutsy at low revs. To me it sounds like the manifolds have been worked on a bit to give that sound, as if the engine breathes very well.

You need to hear the KV6 in the ZT190 though, it does sound sexier than the ZS (if not as rorty). In fact I think it pips the VX V6 on sound to be honest.
Old 10-02-2005, 23:22   #278
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Well if the zt's v6 sounds better then you can narrow it down cos iirc the zt v6 has different cams to the 180's,aswell as different exhaust manifolds-and a different induction system!(correct me if im wrong!)

Dave!,whats your's sound like now you've swapped the mani's?-does it seem to give the engine note a bit more bark low down?-or is it just louder when it gets goin!?

Old 10-02-2005, 23:34   #279
Dave V6

Quote:
Thought that myself tbh dave-are'nt they rated to somet daft like 155mph flat out-due to the long gearing!-sure they are!
Ive got top gear test for it somewere,iirc it topped out at 144 mph.
As for my cars noise,i dont wether id describe it as a bark but its very loud right from low revs it sounds powerfull,dont know how else to describe it,a couple of times ive had folks pull up at side of me at lights looking like they were gonna try and jump in front,and ive revved the engine loud,they look across wondering what the hells going on and then when the lights change they just let me go ,think it puts the frightners on em.

Old 10-02-2005, 23:45   #280
Parsec

Quote:
Well if the zt's v6 sounds better then you can narrow it down cos iirc the zt v6 has different cams to the 180's,aswell as different exhaust manifolds-and a different induction system!(correct me if im wrong!)

Dave!,whats your's sound like now you've swapped the mani's?-does it seem to give the engine note a bit more bark low down?-or is it just louder when it gets goin!?
The ZT190 doesn't have different cams. The engine is the same, just induction as you say and a different map.

I think both cars sound very nice but they are different. The ZS at low revs sounds very smooth, like a turbine. The ZT sounds a bit more warbly, kind of like the VX V6 we were on about.

At high revs the ZS sounds very raw i.e. there's a lot of induction noise. The ZT at high revs (as you have to keep it, it's crap below 3000rpm) however doesn't have the induction roar, it sounds more muted. Try to imagine a really angry leopard under the bonnet - that's the best I can describe it.

The ZS180 sounds amazing from the outside though! I was blipping the throttle while stood outside the car tonight and couldn't believe how good it sounds!