ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins! - Page 7 - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG ZS

Old 01-02-2005, 00:41   #211
Dave V6
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.

Dave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec
Obviously not as if you did you'd know that warp 5 is Star Trek and light speed is Star Wars!

Anyway shame on you for racing another MG, you should only pick on foreign cars that need teaching a lesson
Tell tigs ,hes the spaceman!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Dave V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2005, 00:44   #212
wirly
wait and see;-)

wirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebreen
Wirls matey,wondered were you were,was it you then that i took apart,i wouldn't have admitted it.I sent mail about getting it mapped but got no replies back,im no desperate though cause its faster than yours anyway. Harbs my car had superchip before anything else and it really wants mapping to all the new mods.

dave have you been at moonshine tonight cus all threads ive read you have been coming out with alsorts of wierd stuff
and this confirms it
Old 01-02-2005, 00:51   #213
Dave V6

Dave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond repute

have had a good laugh.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Old 01-02-2005, 01:54   #214
Dave V6

This fastest zs thing is point less,cause mine is!!we all need to get on a track then its not really down to power.

Old 01-02-2005, 09:41   #215
TonyP
Which one shall I drive today?

TonyP is on a distinguished road

And you'll all loose to Kev Neal. probably the fastest road going ZS around.

Thanks to all who helped out at the Wicksteed event and to all those who came and made the day special.
TonyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:50   #216
Dave V6

Maybe, but 2nd is a spot worth fighting for ,don't you think?

Old 01-02-2005, 10:05   #217
GT

GT has a spectacular aura aboutGT has a spectacular aura aboutGT has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyP
And you'll all loose to Kev Neal. probably the fastest road going ZS around.
Since when has a stripped out, fully lightened (no passenger seats) ZS been 'road going'

Kev, what do you mean shame there isnt an MG equivellent to Briskoda? Whats this place then?
GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:42   #218
180 Boy

180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold

I’ve been at Santa Pod for the past 2 Sunday’s
Now I didn’t see any of you lot, WHY?

Great opportunity to show your stuff, not going to make record breaking times but you would have done well compared to the high power turbo cars.
Last Sunday was good for NASP, even the CTR’s were putting in good times, cold, dry and the wide spread of power was the order of the day.

Come on you lot, keep an eye on the Pod site and get down for a few runs, I came over from France so I’m sure you can manage a short trip from your locations.

If you think you can beat a 14.2 then you’re in with a chance to claim the title from Kev,

180 Boy
180 Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 16:11   #219
Dave V6

Cant do sundays but id come on a saturday if they open and any one wants to.Don't spose get any were near kevs time but would like a go .theres a date coming up int there,there was a thread about it . What time did you post ?and did you strip your car?DOH that dates a sunday,but could ave a go on the saturday,are they open all saturdays?3rd april that date.

Old 01-02-2005, 16:20   #220
180 Boy

180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold180 Boy is a splendid one to behold

My ZS has not been down the 1/4 as yet, its my every day car and if I was to break it while playing I would have no car to drive home and get me to work, you know were I live
I hope to use it for the Pod event in April, it will be close to the same spec as Kevs by then, I'm sure one of us will be thinking of a drop of NOS by then
I use the Rover 200 on the track, did a 13.01 back in Aungust.
I think a light ZS180 with our mods will be mid to low 14 sec cars all day, drop of NOS and you looking at very low 14's or 13's.

Eddie
Old 01-02-2005, 16:25   #221
Dave V6

I thought nos was out for a road car,bit of a false thing to me anyone can strap on loads of nos and go quick,no skill in that.To what extent will you lighten your car ,i ll take out spare seats but not taking out carpets and facings or stuff like that.

Old 01-02-2005, 16:50   #222
180 Boy

Well, I'll get the scales out and start to take bits off and out until I reach a point were I struggle to find parts that weigh more than a few ponds.
I'll drive the car to the uk with a Bucket seat and harness and essentials for the trip over, spare wheel, radio, tool box, these items can be left out on the day.
I’m sure I can get some serious weight off that car, things like the sub, door cards with the speakers and crossovers amps, seats, empty the clove box, spare wheel and jack kit.
Don’t mind doing this once just to see the results not interested making this a regular thing for my ZS though.
Old 01-02-2005, 22:22   #223
Ex-Member

Ex-Member has a spectacular aura aboutEx-Member has a spectacular aura aboutEx-Member has a spectacular aura about

I think Daves a bit out of order posting a ZS 180 kill story,he should hang his head in shame and not return untill he has regained honour by scalping a CTR
As for the 14.2....... its there to be beaten and no doubt it will this season with all the moded ZS's coming on stream.The next big milestone for kv6 engined ZS's is to crack 13's and i think a stripped ZS running R888's and a higher spec engine (not nitrous)than mine will do it this year and that really will be a achievement.

Kev
Ex-Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 22:28   #224
Dave V6

It wasn't a kill story,it was actually equal in reality apart from mine was faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2005, 11:51   #225
180 Boy

Ohh nice recovery Dave,

Kev, mate, I think your 14.2 will take some beating, won't be many if any at all, you've managed to get the 60ft times down to an art, as you no, its not just down to the power its down to the power down
Old 02-02-2005, 14:42   #226
Dave V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSV6
I think Daves a bit out of order posting a ZS 180 kill story,he should hang his head in shame and not return untill he has regained honour by scalping a CTR
As for the 14.2....... its there to be beaten and no doubt it will this season with all the moded ZS's coming on stream.The next big milestone for kv6 engined ZS's is to crack 13's and i think a stripped ZS running R888's and a higher spec engine (not nitrous)than mine will do it this year and that really will be a achievement.

Kev
Kev you can't tell me youve never diced with another 180,if you havent its only cause you aint bumped into one!!!!and i keep looking for a ctr to scalp but can never find one ,think they all running scared when they hear me coming!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2005, 15:40   #227
180 Boy

Actually, Kev has diced with other ZS180’s before

Mike would have been the main one for sure, he even had a little side by side action with me, we were just testing how fast our cars would go in 5th gear (private test track of course) very interesting results
But I have to agree; turning your gun on your own troops is not playing cricket, ok if it had been some up and coming ZR or ZT lad then that would have been ok, but another ZS

Go look for enemy they will either retreat or give you a good fight
Old 03-02-2005, 00:47   #228
wirly
wait and see;-)

wirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180 Boy
Actually, Kev has diced with other ZS180ís before

Mike would have been the main one for sure, he even had a little side by side action with me, we were just testing how fast our cars would go in 5th gear (private test track of course) very interesting results
But I have to agree; turning your gun on your own troops is not playing cricket, ok if it had been some up and coming ZR or ZT lad then that would have been ok, but another ZS

Go look for enemy they will either retreat or give you a good fight

its my ZS he is on about and no he did not beat me
he followed me (slip streaming) and could not pull up to me we kept same distance from 30 -100
but what he is on about is after petrol stop i followed him we were trundling behind van but is turned off i could not see indicator so im in 4th dave seen indicator went to second and floored it i seen this thought better try follow went to third by which time he was away anyway

this is were his is faster lark comes from
Old 03-02-2005, 09:48   #229
Dave V6

No mines not faster ,i think they bout same ,depends whos on gas first,Wirls is a mate so don't need to take this any further.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:20   #230
Dave V6

Wink Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

To be honest im expecting ,when the day of reckoning comes on the 19th that Wirls's motor will make few more horses than mine as his has been rr'd at over 160 already and is properly set up and now has de cat too which is working well ,were as mines got the stuff to make good power but its not been mapped in,don't think ill get it done till ive seen difference though,if its only 2 or 3 bhp i won't bother.

Old 03-02-2005, 20:24   #231
Parsec
Still not cured of MG addiction

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo!

On the way home tonight I managed to totally stitch up a Scooby (Mk1).

He was too close to my bumper with big fogs switched on too, so i squeezed the throttle in 3rd and pulled away from him. By the time he realised what was happening I was a good few car lengths in front. At this point the ZS was past 3000rpm and pulling hard. He tried to catch me but couldn't gain any distance.

Then the best bit, we came to a mini roundabout, and as I slowed I could see another car coming towards me wanting to turn right. So I went fast enough to get through but slow enough to make sure the Scooby got stuck

He tried to catch me again but instead of being 3rd again I was in second at full bore and again he couldn't even make any distance on me till I braked to turn off.

I'm not saying it would have been the same result in a straight drag race but I really made him look silly. Really improved my miserable day that has
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 20:35   #232
lewerty1

Tournaments Won: 2

lewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to behold

well done
lewerty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 20:43   #233
TonyP
Which one shall I drive today?

TonyP is on a distinguished road

Once your rolling, the scooby looses a lot of power through it's 4WD system, so things are actually much closer than you'd expect. A well driven ZS can give then a pretty tough time.

Thanks to all who helped out at the Wicksteed event and to all those who came and made the day special.
TonyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 21:03   #234
Dave V6

Dont you just love it when you get one over on someone especially when they got supposedly faster transport,this is my all time best.
Was going through Brinsley(small village 30 mph limit)and a big bike came up behind me and perched on the corner dieing to get past and i couldn't have stopped him but there was a constant flow of traffic coming the other way so he was still there when we started to go up the big hill into eastwood with traffic lights at the top,anyway half way up the hill i purposely hung back a bit to slow him up as he still couldn't get by and then with just a couple of hundred yards to the lights i dropped her into 2nd and booted it,i initially took him by surprise and pulled out a gap,then he realised and responded but was to late ,i got through the lights on yellow and he was screamin up the hill behind me but to no avail the red light just stopped him,I was from ear to ear its not often you out gun a bike.

Old 03-02-2005, 21:11   #235
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

blue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

Well technically speakin you did'nt realy out gun him then did you dave!-cos he never got the chance to have a proper pop at you cos of those lights!

Bit of a hollow victory in my books!

More importantly,why aren't you out havin a pop at ctr's and uk spec scoobs-cos these are surely more fair game for you now aint they!

Have you unplugged the ecu since tweakin you're filter pickup?-give it a fresh chance at learnin you're car!-or are you doin this by drivin the car instead!?

14.4 @ 102mph - nailing good 60ft's is a cow

Chrono Yellow FL LCR - turbo power is just so addictive!!!
blue harbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 21:18   #236
Dave V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue harbour
Well technically speakin you did'nt realy out gun him then did you dave!-cos he never got the chance to have a proper pop at you cos of those lights!

Bit of a hollow victory in my books!

More importantly,why aren't you out havin a pop at ctr's and uk spec scoobs-cos these are surely more fair game for you now aint they!

Have you unplugged the ecu since tweakin you're filter pickup?-give it a fresh chance at learnin you're car!-or are you doin this by drivin the car instead!?
Blummin heck Harbs gis a break,if i trumped itd be the wrong colour!!
If i can ever find any of the afore mentioned cars they will feel the might of the zed,but i never come across owt interesting unless im driving slow shogun then theres loads of stuff about.
Have done a few miles now and its all good,always seems faster at night,unsurprisingly.Now STOP picking fault or else

Old 03-02-2005, 21:37   #237
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

blue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

Quote:
Blummin heck Harbs gis a break,if i trumped itd be the wrong colour!!
.Now STOP picking fault or else
-ah alreight daveyboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

en-gaurd!!!!!!-

Old 03-02-2005, 22:03   #238
Dave V6

I'LL tell me dad on thee and my dads the heavyweight champ of the world!! Quote from film KES,most of you prob don't know that one but ive practised falconry for about 20 years.

Old 03-02-2005, 22:13   #239
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Quote:
I'LL tell me dad on thee and my dads the heavyweight champ of the world!! Quote from film KES,most of you prob don't know that one but ive practised falconry for about 20 years.

Falconry??????????????

Old 03-02-2005, 22:16   #240
Dave V6

Falconry-Training and hunting with a bird of prey ie Goshawk or Peregrine falcon.

Old 03-02-2005, 22:19   #241
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Quote:
Falconry-Training and hunting with a bird of prey ie Goshawk or Peregrine falcon.

Wow!!!!!!!!-bet that's amazing init!!!!!! - seen ti on telly before,but never actually knew someone who does it for reall!!!!-well impressed!

Do you keep the birds yourself then?-or does someone else keep them!?

Old 04-02-2005, 00:36   #242
Shantung Black Tiger

Shantung Black Tiger has a spectacular aura aboutShantung Black Tiger has a spectacular aura aboutShantung Black Tiger has a spectacular aura about

now now children.... not off on another one are we....

on the topic of bikers.... if you scrole back I've already mentioned a time when I did two superbikes... luckly it involved a road with lots of bends in it and bikes don't go round corners too quick.. bring them on... well on bendy roads anyway!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 23:44   #243
Dave V6

Anyome ever diced with a zt 260,they may have 80 more bhp but weigh almost half a ton more so when you work out the power to weight ratio they pretty close.
zt 260 152 bhp /ton
zs180 144 bhp/ton
so a lightly modded zs making only 8 more bhp could in theory match it,of course thats not taking torque into the equasion,but on a track were your using revs and bhp that extra torque wouldn't mean quite so much.
Anyone got any first hand experience?

Old 07-02-2005, 00:08   #244
Parsec
Still not cured of MG addiction

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyome ever diced with a zt 260
You'd have to find one first!

I've seen one on the road (apart from the small town of Longbridge, where there are loads!).

Anyway what was that about not turning your guns on your own men! Personally I think our main targets are Scoobs (if feeling brave), CTR's and Octavia vRS's.

Oh and any Audi A4 or BMW 3-Series (apart from S4 and M3 obviously), as even if they're not the fast ones they all deserve teaching a lesson!
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 00:25   #245
wirly
wait and see;-)

Parsec you forgot golf GTI's!! including that new one