ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins! - Page 6 - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG ZS

Old 06-01-2005, 10:18   #176
Dave V6
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.

Dave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

Seems folk think new golf gti will kick our butt on track,im not convinced but will go with the crowd if im wrong,not much between power to weight so its down to handling,perhaps someone has one they could take to track day at c.combe in may were the truth will out.!Im hoping to go and zsv6 has his name down THE CHALLENGE IS SET!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Dave V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2005, 10:33   #177
MGLessTim

MGLessTim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebreen
There all same company and the 1.8 is the same unit, just tuned .
I dont think its down to tuning, just a bigger turbo and different intercoolers
MGLessTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:40   #178
Dave V6

Dave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond reputeDave V6 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGLessTim
Thats what i meant ,just put tuning instead.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Old 06-01-2005, 10:49   #179
wirly
wait and see;-)

wirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGLessTim
the new GTI has a new engine its a two litre turbo not the old 1.8 engine

i think if you a 32 year old housewife with 2.4 children then the GOLF will prob be the perfect car for you !

its slower than a leon cupra and honda CTR so why is it this wonderful car cus the press get paid to say so!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:15   #180
Dave V6

We were on about the 1.8 in the skodas ,audis and golfs of last model wirls.

Old 07-01-2005, 19:17   #181
dan banks

dan banks will become famous soon enough

right okay here goes
Beaten
ZR 160
BMW 318, 320 and 325(assume he was going easy)
Audi a3 1.8 non turbo
Golf 4motion
standard issue VTR's, VTS, XR2's
MR2 Turbo
Merc sl

You may all question my driving ability and styles but this is a combo of road and track action.
Basically i have a rich friend(s) who live out in Kenilworth and Christmas day morning we close a section of minor country road (as only 2 houses down it)
arm ourselves with walkie talkies and try to see who gets the fastest time!! happy christmas too us
dan banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 19:21   #182
Dave V6

MR2 turbo ,they v fast guess it must have handled like a spoon then,was it on track.

Old 07-01-2005, 21:59   #183
Ex-Member

Ex-Member has a spectacular aura aboutEx-Member has a spectacular aura aboutEx-Member has a spectacular aura about

Been on www.briskoda.net and the autocar VRS had a 210/220 remap,standard VRS's put in similar times to the ZS.
Good site btw,shame the ZS doesn't have a equivalent site.

Kev
Ex-Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:09   #184
lewerty1

Tournaments Won: 2

lewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to behold

was in mainstone last night (went to a meet), those of u who done know mainstone it has a lot of traffic lights, was on my way home and this clio 2.0 16v pulled up i know this as the car has it written on the side, i couldnt be bothered to waste my fuel at this point but then thought to myself how often do i get a chance like this, so i pulled up at the next set of lights after he had spun of previous, we both floored it at the lights i got a better start than him he was on my rear in 1st but as 2nd came into play i managed to pull away a little then he turned off, but what i didnt see was a third car behind the clio a B*W (318 mayb)not sure of the make coz they all look the same he was tryin it on in the single lane i just kept speedin up and slowin down to annoyin him lol all good fun,

james
lewerty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 21:25   #185
Dave V6

Beat an astra turbo very convincingly,1.7 diesel turbo!!!.I think perhaps i don't get out enough!!!

Old 09-01-2005, 22:05   #186
lewerty1

lewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to beholdlewerty1 is a splendid one to behold

ive beaten a astra gti or gsi or what ever they call them, seems to be a lots of boyracers about at the mo, was on a dual carrageway doin about 70 and this saxo vtr was up my asre so i just floored it in 5th lol and lost him so i slowed right down to 50mph so he could pull along side me his m8s where in the car and they waved as if to say they was overtakin lol, i let him get a little in front for a laugh they just floored it in 5th past them oh and to be polite i waved back
Old 09-01-2005, 23:33   #187
Parsec
Still not cured of MG addiction

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

I had a ****** good laugh at an Astra tonight. I was in the 1st lane and he was in the 2nd lane, he tried to get in front of me and turn left across me at a roundabout.

I don't know if he was trying hard but I don't think I went over 3000rpm making sure he didn't get in front. Then when we took the same exit off the roundabout I knocked it down to second and floored it, leaving him trailing in my wake

Then at the next set of lights I managed to get round a Punto being driven at 25 mph, and he did not. Oh how I laughed as I sped away looking at him tailgating the Punto in frustration
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 00:29   #188
Dave V6

My car was flying tonight even with a full tank of petrol!! came up behind a octavia vrs who was driving lively never really had chance to prove anything but on what did happen my car was obviously quicker so the mods deffo work as the vrs performance is about identical to standard zs.These cold nights suit the zs's v6 and the bmc highlights it. He let me past after a bit ,must be them twin menacing headlights in the mirror.

Old 19-01-2005, 17:02   #189
Dave V6

Coming home from h and s today was driving very economically ,did 315 miles and have quarter tank left ,however i couldn't resist a couple of sprints ,first one was an st24 very close to my back bumper and off round about up slip road i moved to inside lane and he was trying to get past before id fully moved so when he got to the side of me i re acquainted the throttle pedal with the carpet in 2nd gear, i just pulled away and by the time 3rd was singing he was a spec in the mirror,i slowed down then to try and see his embarrased red cheeks but he wouldnt come past Then half way home had a new c class sports trying to shove me out of the way in the fast lane and as we were only going about 60 i pulled into middle lane and predictably he booted it ,well i was ready with 3rd gear selected so i booted it to ,it was fairly close for couple of secs then i pulled ahead easily and as fourth was selected i eased off ,then a few seconds later he shot past and i just cruised on home ,the point was proved and he knew it, it was a 320 so i was chuffed.

Old 19-01-2005, 20:19   #190
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

blue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond repute
XPF Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

I take it you're impressed with the h&s manifolds and higflow cat then dave!

How long did the removal of the oe zorst system,and the refitting of the new one take?-was it bout 1/2 a day as they said?

How much of a difference to the car have the mani & cat made then?

Is it any louder?

What's happened to the oe spec manifolds etc-did they just get chucked or did you stick em in back off car?

Do tell-cos im very interested!-may be able to afford to do it myself one day!

14.4 @ 102mph - nailing good 60ft's is a cow

Chrono Yellow FL LCR - turbo power is just so addictive!!!
blue harbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2005, 22:54   #191
Dave V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue harbour
I take it you're impressed with the h&s manifolds and higflow cat then dave!

How long did the removal of the oe zorst system,and the refitting of the new one take?-was it bout 1/2 a day as they said?

How much of a difference to the car have the mani & cat made then?

Is it any louder?

What's happened to the oe spec manifolds etc-did they just get chucked or did you stick em in back off car?

Do tell-cos im very interested!-may be able to afford to do it myself one day!
Incredibly impressed!! took about 3 ,3.5 hours which was quicker than expected.Its made a whacking great grin inducing difference and yes its louder ,just chucked old ones away ,was going to take pics to show how bad it was but forgot camera but i was up at 4 this morning.

Old 19-01-2005, 23:39   #192
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

blue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond reputeblue harbour has a reputation beyond repute
XPF Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

Dave!,

What's the performance difference like then?

Has it just made the car feel quicker?-or is it more all round?-:- more free revving/more torquey/more power!?

Has it made the drive any different

Basically how has it altered the characteristics of the car,and its behavoiur!?

Dont need to ask if you recommend an h&s system do i!!!!!!

How much did it come to in the end!?

Old 20-01-2005, 00:38   #193
Shantung Black Tiger

Shantung Black Tiger has a spectacular aura aboutShantung Black Tiger has a spectacular aura aboutShantung Black Tiger has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't call it a hot hatch, but I did keep up with a M3 along the back roads near my home. Granted I do know the road very well, but try as he might I was on his tail the whole way. I did have to open her up a bit but I kept up with a M3 with a bit to spare, I was smiling the rest of the way home
And on the same stretch a different day, I lost a couple of super bikes... well I know nowt about bikes but they were sports bikes of 800cc+ so not slow. But the tight corners and bendy lanes suited the ZS and they were gone.(Maybe in a straight line they would tell a different story, but they weren't ... so there!)
Old 22-01-2005, 12:45   #194
Dave V6

Quote:
Dave!,

What's the performance difference like then?

Has it just made the car feel quicker?-or is it more all round?-:- more free revving/more torquey/more power!?

Has it made the drive any different

Basically how has it altered the characteristics of the car,and its behavoiur!?

Dont need to ask if you recommend an h&s system do i!!!!!!

How much did it come to in the end!?
In answer to second question it reacts instantly now ,seems to get a bigger reaction from a smaller throttle input,low down torque is same as before,bit more up the revs though maybe,power wise ,well its got more of it everywere especially at medium/high revs.
Only difference to driving is its louder and the characteristics of the engine power delivery are the same,just stronger.
Cost was pleasantly cheaper than you might think. They seem genuinely nice chaps and i don't think they charge what may seem a high price for nothing,theres obviously a lot of time and care goes into their product, and some highly skilled people to pay.

Old 22-01-2005, 12:52   #195
lewerty1

where abouts r they based?
Old 22-01-2005, 12:55   #196
Dave V6

Basildon 20 mins from j29 on m25,if you go on their site theres a map.Took me 3 hours each way but id have gone from scotland! Whats your induction lewerty?

Old 29-01-2005, 13:31   #197
wirly
wait and see;-)

wirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to beholdwirly is a splendid one to behold

kicked the butt of an mazda RX8 this morn was a straight line drag as well from round 30 + we both went (him first by the way) i soon caught up then past then left it also was a black CTR but he wouldnt play young lad as well want to see how i go now against one
Old 29-01-2005, 23:37   #198
Parsec

Parsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond reputeParsec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirly
kicked the butt of an mazda RX8 this morn was a straight line drag as well from round 30 + we both went (him first by the way) i soon caught up then past then left it also was a black CTR but he wouldnt play young lad as well want to see how i go now against one
Good effort mate, they take a bit of licking b'cos the 190PS version and 230PS version never look any different! Two chaps have one each at work and I can never tell the differece, but the quicker car has xenon lamps I think.

I got took out in the 190PS version and no way is it as quick as the ZS, dunno about the 230 but you have to try
Old 30-01-2005, 14:17   #199
Shantung Black Tiger

Shantung Black Tiger has a spectacular aura aboutShantung Black Tiger has a spectacular aura aboutShantung Black Tiger has a spectacular aura about

I've driven a 230PS RX8, IMO I'd say they 're no quicker than a 180. But you have to wind them up, with the roatary engine, you're doing 7000rpm before it even goes anywhere. Maybe someone who has gotten used to one would get more out of it, but theres no way it feels the same as a 230bhp V6 ZS would. (Nice smooth comfortable car though to drive). LSD and traction control too, plus back-wheel drive, so again I wasn't used to that, too refined, 180 definatly a more "raw" drivers car.
Old 31-01-2005, 23:06   #200
Dave V6

Beat another zs 180 otherday,i booted it in 2nd and i reckon i caught him dozing in 4th or sumat but by the time he realized i was at warp 5 making the jump to light speed!!I'm sure i recognised him from some were an all,blue 51 reg hatch back,anyone know who it was??!!

Old 31-01-2005, 23:14   #201
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

BOYRACER!!!!!!!

Old 31-01-2005, 23:21   #202
Dave V6

Wrer did you get them from?

Old 31-01-2005, 23:37   #203
Shantung Black Tiger

Quote:
Beat another zs 180 otherday,i booted it in 2nd and i reckon i caught him dozing in 4th or sumat but by the time he realized i was at warp 5 making the jump to light speed!!I'm sure i recognised him from some were an all,blue 51 reg hatch back,anyone know who it was??!!
at the risk of sounding like a total nerd, but how can you jump from warp 5 to light speed... that would be slowing down since light speed is warp 1, thus warp five is 5 times the speed of light. Just thought I'd point that out. (Although stricktly speaking Einstien proved that it is impossible to travel at a velocity greater than that of light... so the whole concept is wrong anyway).
Old 31-01-2005, 23:41   #204
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Like it!!!!

Old 31-01-2005, 23:45   #205
Dave V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantung Black Tiger
at the risk of sounding like a total nerd, but how can you jump from warp 5 to light speed... that would be slowing down since light speed is warp 1, thus warp five is 5 times the speed of light. Just thought I'd point that out. (Although stricktly speaking Einstien proved that it is impossible to travel at a velocity greater than that of light... so the whole concept is wrong anyway).
OH all right ,i don't know,have never actually gone to any warp speeds,hands up you got me ,i don't watch star trudge!!!!!

Old 01-02-2005, 00:16   #206
wirly
wait and see;-)

Quote:

its the same one who you could just keep up with on a trip to a shell garage
one who has not got manifolds but still just as fast

and like you say i was in forth and you in 2nd but you still only pulled bought 100 yards on me

DAVE GET IT MAPPED!!
Old 01-02-2005, 00:17   #207
Parsec

Quote:
i don't watch star trudge!!!!!
Obviously not as if you did you'd know that warp 5 is Star Trek and light speed is Star Wars!

Anyway shame on you for racing another MG, you should only pick on foreign cars that need teaching a lesson
Old 01-02-2005, 00:21   #208
blue harbour
I miss you Dad!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirly
its the same one who you could just keep up with on a trip to a shell garage
one who has not got manifolds but still just as fast

and like you say i was in forth and you in 2nd but you still only pulled bought 100 yards on me

DAVE GET IT MAPPED!!

Thought it was remapped!?

Or do you mean remap the remap!?

Old 01-02-2005, 00:25   #209
wirly
wait and see;-)

Quote:
Thought it was remapped!?

Or do you mean remap the remap!?

true but he still not as fast as me!!

harbs you coming RR day!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 00:31   #210
Dave V6

Wirls matey,wondered were you were,was it you then that i took apart,i wouldn't have admitted it.I sent mail about getting it mapped but got no replies back,im no desperate though cause its faster than yours anyway. Harbs my car had superchip before anything else and it really wants mapping to all the new mods.