What's it like then? - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG6

Old 07-10-2012, 10:23   #1
aldon
Now in a 3

aldon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's it like then?

Had to to a 300 mile round trip on Friday night, mixed driving in the most atrocious conditions I've ever had the pleasure of driving in so got a good feel for the car.

Dash board - only thing cheap are the rotary wheels on the steering wheel. However the right one controls the cruise control speed setting and the left one just scrolls through the info display. So no biggy really.

Seats - extremely comfortable, on a par with the saab 9-3 we had.

Stereo - CD quality is good, not had a chance to use the usb yet. Radio reception seems fine. Although MG have got out of the digital problem by saying that the swap to digital is Force Majeure and it's nothing to do with them. So when radio signals are turned off the radio wont work.

Power - plenty (even below 3k revs). Does 80mph at 3k. doesn't need a 6th gear - 5 is plenty. Pulls strongly from 1.5krevs. It's not fast in a sporty manic sort of way, but has plenty. Also sounds very throaty if accelerating hard off a roundabout (up to 3k revs of course)

Handling - Better than a ZS. Seriously! plus it doesn't jar the bones on every bump.

Visibility - Good all-round except out the rear window. Fine driving, just parking. But the sensors and the rear view camera eliminate any problems. In fact the camera is so good they should be compulsory on all cars.

Satnav - maps by navteq and is very good. You can select by first part of post code instead of town so is very easy to use. Spoken instructions are very good and clear (think female voice is from yorkshire - sounds like she says "up fork" but finally figured out she is saying "at the fork".

Interior space - huge! I'm just over 6' and with the drivers seat where I have it, I can sit in the back seat and have loads of leg room. Boot is just massive - need to buy a non slip mat as everything slides around boot.

Economy - Drive to Tetbury and back averaged 37mpg considering the part of the journey to Southhampton was really slow moving averaging 20mph I do not think this was bad at all. i10 could only average 35mpg on motorway journeys.

Insurance - cheap! 300 with 2 claims recorded, one of them I'm in court next week so is still outstanding.
aldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 17:57   #2
Tracy
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180

Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura aboutTracy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What's it like then?

I agree

My only complaint with ours is that after all these years of being used to getting mild concussion from the boot lid/spoiler dropping on my head if I forgot to prop it open with an umbrella, I keep having to get out and reshut the boot on the 6 cos I've done it too gently
Old 08-10-2012, 18:36   #3
shroonie29
Audi S4 500HP

shroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a nice drive Alan.

just looking @ what car next myself.

MG ZT V8 is tempting or a Busso V6 Alfa

Old 09-10-2012, 21:14   #4
aldon
Now in a 3

aldon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond reputealdon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroonie29 View Post
Sounds like a nice drive Alan.

just looking @ what car next myself.

MG ZT V8 is tempting or a Busso V6 Alfa
ZT V8 dream car, especially if its had an lpg conversion.

Were you at that meet we had in Warrington? silver 1 turned up with lpg, owner told us about the coils being the same as a transits (IIRC).
Sounded beautiful!
Old 09-10-2012, 22:00   #5
shroonie29
Audi S4 500HP

shroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldon View Post
ZT V8 dream car, especially if its had an lpg conversion.

Were you at that meet we had in Warrington? silver 1 turned up with lpg, owner told us about the coils being the same as a transits (IIRC).
Sounded beautiful!

I was Alan & it sounded soo good.
Old 14-10-2012, 18:25   #6
aldon
Now in a 3

750 miles and still loving it!
Old 27-11-2012, 12:16   #7
Wak

Wak is a splendid one to beholdWak is a splendid one to beholdWak is a splendid one to beholdWak is a splendid one to beholdWak is a splendid one to beholdWak is a splendid one to beholdWak is a splendid one to behold

Great to see some good reports.

I'm wanting to test drive the diesel.

Wak
Old 27-11-2012, 12:42   #8
Windy
It's a big fan

Windy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant futureWindy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wak View Post
Great to see some good reports.

I'm wanting to test drive the diesel.

Wak
The Diesel is getting some excelent reviews!

Max Power - 150ps @ 4000rpm
Max Torque - 350nm @ 1800rpm (258lb/foot)
Capacity - 1849cc
Drive - Chain
Gearbox - 6 speed manual
Emissions - 139g/km (120 tax)
Consumption - 53.5mpg
Insurance grouping - S/SE model - 14E / TSE/Magnette - 15E

Windy is offline   Reply With Quote