260s For Sale Thread - Page 6 - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > ZT V8 / SV & SVR

Old 12-02-2007, 18:04   #176
SVR

SVR is on a distinguished road
Question Re: 260s For Sale Thread

You have answered my interest I think.Same as you,been interested for months but not actually bit the bullit.
Think I will consider something else,unless proved wrong.
SVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2007, 18:47   #177
Dubbs

Dubbs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 260s For Sale Thread

They're not for everyone and let's face it you don't buy an MG to by the best sportscar in the world do you?

ZT260 is a lovely British sports saloon ideal for cruising around, A road blasting and enjoying the engine note. It can been HUGELY fast with a supercharger if that's what you want.... personally I think it's more than quick enough for the road (not track) and will easily cope with what's thrown at it. I think it's amazing value and a real quirky British saloon - you're buying a piece of history and something that's not just "another" eurobox.

Complaining a 4.6l V8 engine from a Ford Mustang has a heavy clutch is a bit daft. I've not driven a single large capacity, V8 based car that doesn't have a heavier than average clutch.

"It's not fast enough" is a rather lame statement too, again imho. They sprint up to 60 and hit 150mph fast enough for most and certainly do it in a hell of a lot more style.

If you're looking for a budget M5 look away now, it's not what it's about. Same as the SVs... I can think of a good half dozen cars that would EASILY beat an SV in it's class and be ultimately sharper, faster, etc., but you don't buy them because they're top of the class.

SVR - Go test drive one and make your own mind up, being swayed by someone else's opinion is the most stupid thing you can do... I did this with the Mitsu Evo... had one and it was the most boring "fast" car I ever owned. Bought it because I was told how great they were so bought on other's opinion.

Anyway.... what's all this "unless proved wrong" rubbish? Who are you expecting to go to the effort of doing so? Go test drive and prove yourself right or wrong - that's what I did. Glad I did too as I may have not bought one and would have missed out on a great car before this type of motor gets banned forever.
Dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 12:43   #178
tapped

tapped is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbs View Post
They're not for everyone and let's face it you don't buy an MG to by the best sportscar in the world do you?

ZT260 is a lovely British sports saloon ideal for cruising around, A road blasting and enjoying the engine note. It can been HUGELY fast with a supercharger if that's what you want.... personally I think it's more than quick enough for the road (not track) and will easily cope with what's thrown at it. I think it's amazing value and a real quirky British saloon - you're buying a piece of history and something that's not just "another" eurobox.

Complaining a 4.6l V8 engine from a Ford Mustang has a heavy clutch is a bit daft. I've not driven a single large capacity, V8 based car that doesn't have a heavier than average clutch.

"It's not fast enough" is a rather lame statement too, again imho. They sprint up to 60 and hit 150mph fast enough for most and certainly do it in a hell of a lot more style.

If you're looking for a budget M5 look away now, it's not what it's about. Same as the SVs... I can think of a good half dozen cars that would EASILY beat an SV in it's class and be ultimately sharper, faster, etc., but you don't buy them because they're top of the class.

SVR - Go test drive one and make your own mind up, being swayed by someone else's opinion is the most stupid thing you can do... I did this with the Mitsu Evo... had one and it was the most boring "fast" car I ever owned. Bought it because I was told how great they were so bought on other's opinion.

Anyway.... what's all this "unless proved wrong" rubbish? Who are you expecting to go to the effort of doing so? Go test drive and prove yourself right or wrong - that's what I did. Glad I did too as I may have not bought one and would have missed out on a great car before this type of motor gets banned forever.
Couldn't agree more!

I've not spent ages in my father's ZT but long enough to know that its character outweighs a last shape M5 (E39?). If you bring price into the equation, would you risk a 15k M5? Finanical suicide, just check out the warranty prices on them now....ouch

Dubbs is right though, drive it...its like buying well rated expensive hifi, you wouldn't without listening to it first....

Clutch is a bit heavy but then so is a V6 190!
tapped is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-02-2007, 13:00   #179
Dubbs

and just like any piece of high-end kit there's a make and model for everyone. Not everyone wants a Sony or an Arcam.... some want a Cyrus even though the others may perform better.

That's what makes us different. Personally I love having the nearest I could get to a Mustang without losing doors and remaining British.

It's the 90's equivalent of a 60's bank-robber Jag... imho.
Old 13-02-2007, 13:21   #180
sojourner

sojourner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
(even my WIFE doesn't have a problem and she's a size 10 when she's not pregnant!)
Is this a common occurence then? Will you soon be moving on to bus?

Agree though, it's not the fastest thing out there by a countyr mile, but it is a nice and charaacterful place to be. You can always make it faster later if you want.
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 01:17   #181
v8fangio

v8fangio is on a distinguished road
XPF Re: 260s For Sale Thread

My 260s clutch is very light , but am just use to my MGCs & BGTV8s been on hard side[ both uprated] will do same on 260 when blow motor, now to stiffen up that steering
v8fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 09:55   #182
stephen Hill

stephen Hill is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: 260s For Sale Thread

Quote:
That's what makes us different. Personally I love having the nearest I could get to a Mustang without losing doors and remaining British.

It's the 90's equivalent of a 60's bank-robber Jag... imho.
Spot on Dubbs, I love it because its different, quirky, British, (except the V8, but that did come from the colonies) retro and rare
stephen Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 16:28   #183
MAX
Lady Driver

MAX is a jewel in the roughMAX is a jewel in the roughMAX is a jewel in the rough

Speedfreak is correct in all his assumptions.

The cars are slow - our latest acquisition proves that. I called our 260 the SLUG and slug it was! Suggest those that think its fast drive a hot hatch or two!

The clutch peddle is heavy and saying that's acceptable on a Yank V8 isn't acceptable, drive a Monaro with double the horses and that proves the point. Nice light clutch with a fast gearchange - the ZT box is/was dreadfully slow!

Yes, the MG has character no one will dispute that. Jerry would love another, but because it has an MG badge doesn't make it a sensible buy!
MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 17:27   #184
TimH
Its a V8 user thing...

Moon Lander Champion!
TimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: 260s For Sale Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX View Post

The cars are slow - our latest acquisition proves that. I called our 260 the SLUG and slug it was! Suggest those that think its fast drive a hot hatch or two!

The clutch peddle is heavy and saying that's acceptable on a Yank V8 isn't acceptable, drive a Monaro with double the horses and that proves the point. Nice light clutch with a fast gearchange - the ZT box is/was dreadfully slow!

Yes, the MG has character no one will dispute that. Jerry would love another, but because it has an MG badge doesn't make it a sensible buy!

www.Two-Sixties.com

TimH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 17:28   #185
Womble

Womble has a spectacular aura aboutWomble has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Before I bought the 260, I owned amongst others a Golf GTi, Peugeot 106 GTi and Peugeot 306 GTi-6. All are hot hatches, and all are slower than the 260. Even with the latest generation of hot hatches, there are not many that are actually faster than the 260 if you look at the figures.

What I would agree is that the hot hatches feel faster; often much, much faster. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are. Back when I was thrashing the nuts off hot hatches, I was often quite surprised at how low my average speed would be on a drive, considering how busy the whole experience was. In the 260, on the other hand, I am often surprised at how high the average speed is, as remains far more relaxed at higher speeds.

When I was in my twenties, the frenetic peakiness of a highly tuned small engined hot hatch was exactly what I wanted. Now I'm in my late thirties, it's not. Apart from anything else, I know I can cover ground far, far faster in the 260 than I ever could in a hot hatch before my wife starts complaining.

A more realistic comparison would be with something like an Audi S4 or BMW 540; faster maybe, but I could only afford one of those with inter-galactic mileage, so not really worth dwelling on.
Womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 18:58   #186
The Express Valeter
Passionate about MGR.Cars.

The Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud ofThe Express Valeter has much to be proud of

Quote:

Yes I agree totally too. I heard a few comments in the time that I owned my 260 but I didn't give a t*** what other people thaught I wanted it mainly because it was a rare piece of British motoring history , a fine looking car & totally different in many ways than most other foreign S**t on the market.
I recon I had a huge ammount of enthusiasm when I first got it as I had a good rapour with the salesman who let me take it out for a test drive knowing I wasn't going to buy one as I couldn't afford it but once I took it out , well the rest is history & if I had enough money I wouldn't have parted with it given I had had a lot of fun taking it to shows etc & that I was likely the longest owner of a ZT260 as well.
The Express Valeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 19:14   #187
Dubbs

Quote:

Hang on Max...

1. Weren't particularly fast... in comparison to WHAT? How was it driven? Where was it driven?

2. Heavy clutch pedal... Yeah, ok it's heavy.... NEVER BUY A PORSCHE... or any other decent sportscar for that matter as they all have heavy clutches to one degree or the other. Even the Monaro mentioned does, It's better than the 260 but is heavier than a corsa/astra. (Suppose the Monaro needs something going for it...)

3. Noisy... compared to what? A standard 260 can't be called noisy by ANYONE that knows what a real V8 sounds like and wants that sound. It's one of the main reasons for ever buying a V8.

It's all very easy to be negative and say someone's assumptions are correct but unless you know from what perspective someone was talking then you're not being fair.

Case in point: It takes a while to learn the torque curve and get the best from ANY vehicle, V8s in particular. If you come from thrashing the nuts off a 4 cylinder screamer then it will feel slow as you'll not use the power the same way or feel it the same way.

I think Max is either trolling or is happy to just agree with someone spouting negative comments just to get a few more kicks in whilst the body is on the floor....

Who upset you when you had your ZT then Max??
Old 18-02-2007, 20:42   #188
joncon

joncon is on a distinguished road

well said !
as one of the lucky few who gets to drive most "modern" supercars,and doing between 4000 and 7000 miles a year,all around the country,tracks and roads of gwent (lol)i have to say ,it is nice to get back into my 260, not because it does any one thing brilliantly,it just puts you in that happy mood..when you have driven a car that will hit 60 in 3.5 secs and will blow any car away , i am still glad to get back into the beast..
that is the mark of a complete sportscar..
and still most people have no idea what is under the bonnet..which adds to the mystique..
joncon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 21:14   #189
Womble

Quote:
Who upset you when you had your ZT then Max??
Max and Jerry had a nightmare saga, mostly with the aircon never working on their 260. Afaik, it went back to MGR, never having been fixed. Personally, if this happened to me, I don't think I'd still be moaning about it 2 years later, but to each their own!
Old 19-02-2007, 00:28   #190
Nocturnal

Nocturnal is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Max, I'm not getting into a slanging match, and everyone is entitled to their opinion and has a right to post, where and when they wan't.
BUT, don't you think this type of post in an 'informational thread' specifically to 'help' people find cars if they are looking for one, to "at least try out for themselves", Is antagonistic and tantamount to Trolling??

Speedfreek has been on the thread clearly looking to find out if it was for him , found some to try out , and was disappointed... clearly it's gonna feel slow compared to an SV, but as people have eloquently commented above, it doesn't pretend to be... Its not for speedfreek, each to his or her own....

But then your post is just plain 'knocking the 260' for the sake of it??
Its well documented that you don't like the 260, is a "260's for sale" thread really the place for you to reiterate your dislike??

Particularly when you present 'your opinions' in a manner that implies they are fact...
Some of your arguments in particular are floored...
Not all 260 clutches are heavy.... yes mine is heavier than my last car, but not once have I felt like my muscles needed building up,
Yes I have described the gearbox as 'a bit agricultural' meaning it's not some super slick dragstrip racer... its still 'ok' (I may not have been happy with it for 30k New, but I never had 30k, and don't need it now to own the car I have )

You mention the Monaro, another car I considered, but were that little bit dearer

But then you say
Quote:
drive a Monaro with double the horses and that proves the point. Nice light clutch with a fast gearchange - the ZT box is/was dreadfully slow!
I haven't driven one, but I have a m8 with a 6L supercharged VXR Monaro, and I have a few quotes for you, I had to go back through some logs, but I knew what he had said so it was worth it

Q, "whets the gearbox like?" A. "b4 quickshift was ****e" "long throw mainly, was like stirring rice pudding" "easy to miss the change from 2nd to 3rd" (sound familiar?)
"and apparently the 2004 model is even worse!"

As for comparisons, on top of that the newer models have a tiny boot(thanks to the yanks and their legislation)

I spoke to him online today and mentioned the comments and showed him your post , as I wanted to be sure I hadn't miss interpreted his comments,he added these LOL

""Don't forget the VXR has a short throw HSV shifter anyway. The CV8 has the stock Holden mess." "god knows what the CV8 was like"

and on the light clutch comment...."
says:
light clutch?
says:
you have to be joking?
says:
loll.

He then gave me this quote from another vxr driver....

says:
a quote from another Monaro owner

says:
"ripshifter in my experience is excellent, though I still miss 3rd gear at least once a day even with it installed, probably my big fat hands to blame for that!really positive action, much improved on the bowl of porridge feeling from the standard shift. try get along to the Ace cafe or one of the VXR meets and try someone's out to see what you think."

Ok this isn't fact either, but that's at least two very happy VXR owners who think the stock gearbox is ****e on the monaro, and at least one who laughs at the 'light clutch comment'........

This is an emotive subject, and there are always gonna be some 'fanboys' of every marques, but to dismiss the car as just being a 'slug' ?????

There is only one way to find out if the 260, standard or S/C'd is the car for you and that's to drive one...

That's the idea of this thread... to help in that 'event'.

I guess I just query why you feel the need to try and put people off buying one in what is a 'buying selling thread'??

Sorry it turned into "war'n'peace" but in trying not to sound like a flaming thread it became a waffle one....

Nick
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 02:23   #191
Slint

Slint is on a distinguished road

Maybe the difference in opinion is that Max and Jerry are looking at the 260 as the 30k+ car that they bought, whereas a lot of us paid 15-20k ??
Slint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 13:42   #192
V8 Martin

V8 Martin is on a distinguished road

I've worked it out guys.

It's not a girls car!
V8 Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 13:33   #193
MAX
Lady Driver

MAX is a jewel in the roughMAX is a jewel in the roughMAX is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I've worked it out guys.

It's not a girls car!
I would give any of you guys a run for you money
Old 23-02-2007, 16:37   #194
Nocturnal

Quote:
Oh No Not runnning races again, I can't me knees are shot

Nick
Old 23-02-2007, 16:40   #195
Goose

Goose will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Really? Your profile currently says that you'll be 80 on Sunday .... many happy returns!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 19:04   #196
MAX
Lady Driver

You know you should never belive all you read
Old 23-02-2007, 20:45   #197
Jerry
MG V8 Nut

Jerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud of

Nocturnal - its a Forum, you have a strong point of view but others aren't allowed one if it differs from yours.

Remember, internet forums are for discussion, if we all thought the same - then noone would write anything.

Speedfreak had a point of view and so does Max. Is that OK?

I've openly said I fancy another, but I doubt it will happen. V8's will soon be outlawed by our oppresive government.......... 4-pot turbos in Japcrap is the real gofaster stuff.

Goosebump - you still in wind-up mode.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 22:15   #198
Nocturnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPF.info View Post
Nocturnal - its a Forum, you have a strong point of view but others aren't allowed one if it differs from yours.

Remember, internet forums are for discussion, if we all thought the same - then noone would write anything.

Speedfreak had a point of view and so does Max. Is that OK?
Jerry why have you posted this in that manner suggesting that I think that I am 'right' and therefore Max was wrong???

I started my post with,
Quote:
Max, I'm not getting into a slanging match, and everyone is entitled to their opinion and has a right to post, where and when they wan't.
So that covers my opinion "that everyone
is entitled to their own opinion and 'right to post' where and when they want " quite OBVIOUSLY I think

So why did you feel the need to make out I had some other agenda?

My comments about speedfreek were equally easy to understand... he tried he didn't like/or was dissapointed...he said it wasn't for him... I said each to his or her own, meaning that both Max and Speedfreak had decided that it wasn't for them.... No issues there? Not even a disagreement so how am I saying either isn't allowed a point of view??

The rest of my admittedly waffling post was questioning, or querying Max's need to post such language as slug and slow... IN THIS THREAD IN PARTICULAR I then continued to question her description of the 'Nice light clutch with a fast gearchange' on the monaro as I had done a bit of research and knew this to be high on the to-do list...(ripshift)

Nothing more nothing less?? yes if you want an OPINION I dont think slagging off a car in a thread designed to help people locate one is the right place to do it...

I don't see why it has to be done there.... thats all, Max and your opinions are well known and are as valid as anybody elses... I never claimed otherwise....
merely questioned the thread used to air them.

I hope this clarifies things....I'm No forum expert, nor MG officianardo(sp),Nor motorsport expert, I'm just a 260 owner who has 'taken the plunge' partially due to the reason you mentioned, (They will be banned or taken out of my financial abillity to own before too long) and I see this thread as a way of helping others to realise the 'fun and smiles ' I have had since purchase.
hence why I 'cared' enough to mention it at all.

Regards, Nick

Nick.
Old 23-02-2007, 23:10   #199
Jerry
MG V8 Nut

Jerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud ofJerry has much to be proud of
Cool Re: 260s For Sale Thread

Nick,

What does it matter what anyone thinks? Life is too short to get involved in an argument about old cars!

I can't be arsed to respond in a similar fashion. ENJOY yours!
Old 24-02-2007, 00:28   #200
doctord3

doctord3 is on a distinguished road

Can the moderators tidy this particular thread up to be specifically about cars for sale? Though I don't contribute to the forum, I follow this to look for comments about cars for sale, and information about them if the are early or special or pre-production cars. This is not a thread to have arguments about whether or not the V8s are good or bad cars.

I have a ZTT160 and ZR160, and at some point will get a V8, maybe in a years time. Like many others drawn to this particular thread on the forum I am very aware or the flaws of the V8s from other threads on this forum and don't expect to have to trawl through loads of "its not as good as such and such a car...oh yes it is...oh no its not...".

Please move comments other than about cars for sale to somewhere else!
doctord3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 00:35   #201
Jerry
MG V8 Nut

Cool Re: 260s For Sale Thread

Replying to the off topic response!

Split it - but don't delete posts...........

And on topic - www.autotrader.co.uk is probably the most useful for finding cars for sale. Had a good search tonight and there's quiet a few...following spring to mind.

AE Wilcox has a SE for 19900.

Also found a new one for 12,995
Old 24-02-2007, 01:03   #202
doctord3

Coming onto a "for sale" thread in a V8 forum on an enthusiasts site with Max making comments like "I called our 260 the slug" is really inappropriate and very antagonistic to those who have driven the cars and own them/ enjoy them/ are looking to buy one. If you dislike the cars that much then if you really feel the need to make such a negative comment then do so in relevant parts of the forum, not on the "for sale" part. This is about what is for sale, where, at what price and history of cars if people know about them.

The pantomine banter clutters up the most useful thead on the forum to those of us looking for what is an imperfect but very individual car.
Old 24-02-2007, 01:11   #203
Jerry
MG V8 Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctord3 View Post
Coming onto a "for sale" thread in a V8 forum on an enthusiasts site with Max making comments like "I called our 260 the slug" is really inappropriate and very antagonistic to those who have driven the cars and own them/ enjoy them/ are looking to buy one. If you dislike the cars that much then if you really feel the need to make such a negative comment then do so in relevant parts of the forum, not on the "for sale" part. This is about what is for sale, where, at what price and history of cars if people know about them.

The pantomine banter clutters up the most useful thead on the forum to those of us looking for what is an imperfect but very individual car.
I agree - so I suggest you stop continuing the discussion! My guess is you have just signed in on another name to stir things up!

So yes please mods remove the thread content! From an ex-260 owner, but wanting to be one!

Last edited by Jerry; 24-02-2007 at 01:17.
Old 24-02-2007, 01:22   #204
doctord3

I am new to the forum. I don't have any other forum identity. I am looking to buy a V8, and find your last comment uncalled for and very unwelcoming if this is what to expect of the forum as a whole.
Old 24-02-2007, 01:29   #205
Jerry
MG V8 Nut

Well we agree on something, because I also find your comments inappropriate and very rude. Shame because we both share the same interest - MG's

Back on topic as I suggested check www.autotrader.co.uk and good luck in your search.

Finally, I think you will find the majority of folk very helpful as you have been watching for a while you will already know this.
Old 24-02-2007, 10:39   #206
TimH
Its a V8 user thing...

Moon Lander Champion!
TimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of lightTimH is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: 260s For Sale Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctord3 View Post
Can the moderators tidy this particular thread up to be specifically about cars for sale? Though I don't contribute to the forum, I follow this to look for comments about cars for sale, and information about them if the are early or special or pre-production cars. This is not a thread to have arguments about whether or not the V8s are good or bad cars.

I have a ZTT160 and ZR160, and at some point will get a V8, maybe in a years time. Like many others drawn to this particular thread on the forum I am very aware or the flaws of the V8s from other threads on this forum and don't expect to have to trawl through loads of "its not as good as such and such a car...oh yes it is...oh no its not...".

Please move comments other than about cars for sale to somewhere else!

Hello doctord3

The good thing about this forum is that you don't get a 'rose coloured' approach. What you do get is an on the button picture of the car, a balanced view to a degree. I would agree in part on the thread content but would suggest that if you are looking for a 260 that reading the good and bad things will give a better understanding. If you need assistance with anything to do with the V8 you can PM me or start your own thread with a list of questions.

And a big welcome to the forum.

www.Two-Sixties.com

TimH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:12   #207
Slint

Slint is on a distinguished road

http://www.new-car-net.co.uk/MG_ZT-T...st.html?id=455

Another review - one that I don't remember reading before.
Slint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:00   #208
Womble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slint View Post
http://www.new-car-net.co.uk/MG_ZT-T...st.html?id=455

Another review - one that I don't remember reading before.
3 questions...

1. What are those wheels on the picture?

2. What on earth was he blathering on about with his Siegfried Line thing???

3. Does anyone else wonder how the MG Rover PR girls managed to persuade him to write an even more glowingly 100% review of everything - including the fuel consumption - than even the most rose-tinted spectacle-wearing owner could manage?
Old 13-03-2007, 11:52   #209
Keith Alexander

Keith Alexander is on a distinguished road

I think the one in the pic was an early ZTT prototype with boot spoiler etc not necessarily a V8
Old 14-06-2007, 21:20   #210
BlueZTT

BlueZTT will become famous soon enough
MG ZT-T 260 SE Blue

Hi,

In case anyone is interested, I am relunctantly selling my MG ZT-T 260 SE. My wife and I have 2 cars currently, and can only justify one at the moment. Hers is a Rover 75 - which stubbornly does not want to sell! And if we have to downsize to one car, it makes more sense to sell the 260!

Details - its a 2004/04 260 SE facelift in chagall blue (looks like trophy blue - but slightly different shade, as far as I can make out). It has 22.5k miles, 1 previous owner, MG FSH (4 stamps), recent tyres. It also has optional extras of memory drivers seat, powerfold mirrors and a Harmon Kardon stereo.

Condition wise it is very evry good. No dings or scratches atalll. The Apex wheels do have some discolouration type markings on them - but not terrible, and only visible on close inspection. She drives pefectly and sounds great - obviously!

We have just reduced the car to 12,495, but would be open to sensible offers. i think this represents very good value (certainly compared to what we paid!), given dealer prices for the ZTTs seem to be upwards of 14.5k.

If your interested give me a shout here - or pm.

Cheers
BlueZTT is offline   Reply With Quote