MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

Best number plate seen?

76K views 384 replies 154 participants last post by  redrobbo 
#1 ·
What's the best registration number you've seen on a car on your travels?

These two are pretty good, on two vehicles from a local tea company....

2 4 TEA

TEA 4 2

Reactions: DeMoNPauL
#33 ·
Saw PEN15 at Brands around 1985/86 - on a Merc then though.

We have a few taxis locally with plates like I XAT and similar, so you know what's behind you:)

Used to have a Jag XJ40 locally which was A10JAG as in the tankbuster plane.

Have seen quite a few amusing ones, unfortunately I don't seem to remember any of the specifics:(

ATB

Simon

#34 ·
A few good ones.. OBO110X on roller( yeah really!)
GUE5T on a scruffy old Mazda, best thing was it was the old computer style that was popular in the late 70's, so the 5 looked like an S
THE1 This was always on the Mayor of Barnsley's car, but its long been sold off
800BOO and BOO800 were on two cars in Rugeley years ago (husband and wifes) but they devorced and moved away years ago
USA1 was on a very scruffy Moggy minor in Stafford about 25 years ago
PT77 was on my mates Vauxhall Ventura at collage
C1GAR on a Maestro van, Havana cigar importers....
Jim

#36 ·
I saw it a number of years ago (6?) on a car ( it was something like a Viper I recall) parked up in a suberb of Leeds. I suppose it could have been a modified B 15 NOB or similar. I know I nearly walked under a car with astonishment at seeing it. Mind you the area in question is used for a lot of TV and other filming so just might have been a 'set up' but it looked legit.

Best one I have owned is V888VXL, on my T8 ( triple 8 ) Astra CDTi

#39 ·
Hey TURBOZED matey, the 2 cars your on about in rugeley and stafford boo8 are still around matey, i see them at least once a week around stafford

#43 ·
Saw a few at Supercar Sunday over the years;
HOT 23X on a black Countach, N1GEL on a yellow Diablo

Also saw A5TON on a Vantage a few years back
BAD 54IT on A Cerbera (slight letter alteration on the 4 and you get the picture...)
D14BLO on a Blue Diablo
DB7 007 on a DB7
F1ASH on an F50 Ferrari & FLA5H on a mercialago
EN20 on an Enzo going very quickly down the A50!
MY F40 on an F40

Going back to some earlier messages I beleive PEN15 is currently on a smart car for a rental company or similar. TUR80 I saw on a Bentley coupe recently. I also saw TUR80S is on a Bugatti EB110 a while back.

#44 ·
This has to be one of the best

Attachments

#50 ·
I know of a group of spitfires (5 or 6) that drove through france, belgium, and through holland nearly as far as Germany, and then back, with dummy plates on, all with consequtive numbers...the first one being NOB1

and no, they never got pulled over! Can't remember what the front plates read, but I know they were different yet again!

#55 ·
Couldn't believe my eyes today. Wish I'd had a camera handy.:irked:

Very clean looking black BMW parked in a side street with the reg......

C1 HAV

Shouldn't that be on a Paxo?:confused:

#100 ·
Caught it again today but this time i had the phone handy.

Attachments

#59 ·
Many years ago a friend of mine had BOO 800 on a Jensen, he owned a garage and we never found out if it was a real plate or he just made it up, and drove the car on trade plates.

The shortest numberplate I have seen was W2 used to see this in the Sale area on a Capri then it progressed onto other cars, not seen it for a long time now.

Another was a local optician with EYE 2C

#60 ·
According to the RAC website:-

Vehicle Details
The vehicle description is supplied by the DVLA
For registration number W2
Make BMW
Year of manufacture 2005
Model X5 SPORT AUTO
Engine size (CC) 4398

#61 ·
One I've seen around Preston DEN 1M.

Paul Danniels has MAG 1C.
I also remember seeing 2 cars one
WOW 11OT (WOW HOT) on a Dodge Viper
AWE 50M on a Lambo.

#65 ·
"A1" is now on a Mini Cooper s Auto 2007
Nothing came up for "1A"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.