ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins! - Page 150 - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG ZS

Old 04-06-2014, 21:27   #5216
fireengineer
Stop that! Thats silly.

fireengineer is just really nicefireengineer is just really nicefireengineer is just really nicefireengineer is just really nice
Default Re: ZS180 vs Hot Hatches & wins!

SEAT Ibiza Bocanegra, had to go home and look it up, it was quick but just not as quick. Supercharged?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-06-2014, 12:14   #5217
mikeZS

mikeZS is a jewel in the roughmikeZS is a jewel in the roughmikeZS is a jewel in the rough

after a long time yesterday I have fun with my friend and his bro.
my friend has a chrysler c300 5,7hemi 253kw, his bro has new opel astra 1,4t - 108kw - stock

chapter1:from U turn I hit gas and was sure c300 will overtake me in a second but nothing, I looked into my mirror and he was unable to catch me , zs was faster from lets say 20kph to about 110kph.
chapter2:After that we went to my favourite route here. (this route cosisted of 3corners and 2 straights.)
After this I had to wait for him, he was so far I couldnīt see him in my mirror. (ZS handling - whoaaa+heel toe technique, left foot braking).
chapter3: Highway run, after we pass some traffic we hit gas , started from 160kph to 200hph it was about same (ZS on 4th full rpm) when I hit 5th , c300 was gone accelerating faster, I hit 240kph and he said he was about 245 but was affraid to go more ... From still start to 160 Mg was faster, after that big 5,7hemi was over.

.And astra - it was wery slow, highway max 205kph , and acceleration no matching any of these cars. He think he can tunned it up to 200bhp, but 1,4t? thatīs not engine for big gains and reliability.

thanks to my car , all blokes were curious about it , and my friend said he was unable to catch me and he was trying , and in chapter 2 he said, he toughts he miss junction as he coudnīt see me... he said there is no chance catching me ...
After all it was great night, nothing happened , I tought ZS isīt that fast, I am lacking more power , but handling whoaa thatīs the best part of this car.

ZS180 mk2 ( red dragon II ) - 2005
KN - inner wing setup
EBC brakes/braided hoses/Motul rbt 600
LSD steel caged PG1
NGK irridium sparks
Janspeed cat back/Decat
Polybushed suspension/Kumho Ku31
Rear bumper brackets
mikeZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 22:53   #5218
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina View Post
Ford Mondeo ST 220.

Easily outbreaked and out maneuvered the ST on the roundabouts. Zed had the edge on the straights too. Still plenty of umph in the old girl yet.
You must be dreaming, a had a ST220 when my old work shop manger had a brand new MK1 then a brand new MK2 and my 220 and no trouble with either of them tbh his ZS's were only a small amount quicker than my ST24
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15-06-2014, 23:57   #5219
fireengineer
Stop that! Thats silly.

fireengineer is just really nicefireengineer is just really nicefireengineer is just really nicefireengineer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
You must be dreaming, a had a ST220 when my old work shop manger had a brand new MK1 then a brand new MK2 and my 220 and no trouble with either of them tbh his ZS's were only a small amount quicker than my ST24
ST24? Not even close. ST220 and a 180 are real close, depends on driver and weights.
Old 16-06-2014, 13:25   #5220
Christina
You give me road rage...

Christina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond reputeChristina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireengineer View Post
ST24? Not even close. ST220 and a 180 are real close, depends on driver and weights.
Our Zed is about 2 horses shy of 200bhp. Roughly 1220kg. 162bhp per ton, or there abouts.

ST24. 168bhp. 1326kg. 127bhp per ton.

ST220. 220bhp. 1510kg. 147bhp per ton.
(@)(@)********(@)(@)**(@)

The rich don't care. The poor don't matter.
Christina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 16:58   #5221
fireengineer
Stop that! Thats silly.

Quote:
Our Zed is about 2 horses shy of 200bhp. Roughly 1220kg. 162bhp per ton, or there abouts.

Bingo, weight is the key, all new 'hot' cars have the same or more hp than the 180's but they are nearly 2 friggin tons. Sucks to be heavy.
Old 16-06-2014, 18:01   #5222
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really nice

Quote:

I thought the topic was "ZS180" not "ZS198" so that wouldnt be a fair comparison
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 18:09   #5223
fireengineer
Stop that! Thats silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
I thought the topic was "ZS180" not "ZS198" so that wouldnt be a fair comparison
LOL life's not fair, is it?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:19   #5224
mikeZS

mikeZS is a jewel in the roughmikeZS is a jewel in the roughmikeZS is a jewel in the rough

ZS vs chrysler 300c(5,7 hemi) part2
Ok, so first time (few posts up) chrysler had 4 persons in it. Guy said it few days later.
This time he was alone, and also done few mods to a car - kn appolo kit, + sports exhaust, this time winter tyres.

1. I took him to my favourite route-and result was same , no chance for c300 to catch ZS in corners and straights after corners. ZS is much faster, also acceleration to 150km/h seemīs about same. From there C300 has edge.
2. Then he asked me if I can drive it (C300). Car is like a heavy boat, waveving on a road. Also itīs auto so drift or powerslide is possible only for few seconds than transmission shifts. Brakes were better then I tought they will be. (also for itīs mass). Handling is very bad due to soft springs and american style suspension.
Need to find out new opponent
Also my ZS is not 180 - but let say 195.

KN - inner wing setup
LSD steel caged PG1
NGK irridium sparks
Janspeed cat back/Decat
Rear bumper brackets
Old 02-09-2014, 09:10   #5225
mikeZS

another drag done
few days back I raced chrysler crossfire 3,2i - 162kw
we ran from 50mph to 100mph and it was even, also we tryed one long turn and there ZS was more stabil (speed around 80+mph)

KN - inner wing setup
LSD steel caged PG1
NGK irridium sparks
Janspeed cat back/Decat
Rear bumper brackets
Old 18-12-2014, 16:48   #5226
Dixon123

Dixon123 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys I have a zs td running 180bhp, got the usual bits like bigger injectors, been remapped, bigger inter cooler, stainless straight through and the boost has been wound up to 20psi, is there anything else I can do to up the power without blowing anything up? I've heard the turbos can can handle up to 19 psi so not sure of I have to change that or not?
Dixon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:39   #5227
Supermike

Supermike is on a distinguished road

So far what I have beaten round Knockhill. Subaru WRXs and STIs, EVO 6, M3, MX5, Corsa VXR, Astra VXR, Saxos, 106S, Golfs including R32, Porsche 911 Carrera, Lotus Elise and many others. Lost out to a few cars too. Namely. Evo 8 MR360, Ferrari 458 and a few other seriously quick cars. The key here is just about everyone is scared on totalling their motor. I on the other hand have no fear and know the track fairly well and the ZS180 is a good track day car. Very good round knockhill as it has a nice Power / Torque curve to minimize wheel spin from the hairpin up the main straight. Good handling for a bigger car and is predictable so I can throw it in and know what's going to happen before it happens. The only things I think would make a major improvement here is bigger brakes with better cooling and an LSD.
Supermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 16:33   #5228
PedroUK

PedroUK is on a distinguished road

Ford ST
Clio
ZR
Mitsi
PedroUK is offline   Reply With Quote