MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

How to get the best deal on GAP Insurance

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Talkingcars 
#1 ·
How to get the best deal on GAP Insurance

Well, we're at September again and the new MY64 registrations will soon be appearing on our roads.

If you're purchasing a new or used car (up to 8 years old) in the coming months please remember that you can get GAP Insurance through Chris Knott and probably at a fraction of the cost the dealer will charge. In fact, an episode of BBC's Rip-Off Britain focused on GAP and highlighted that car buyers should check that they're not being charged over the odds for the cover.

See the video and good advice featured here - http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/news/why-people-should-buy-GAP-insurance-from-brokers.html

To make sure you're not being overcharged for GAP why not get a comparative quote for Chris Knott GAP Insurance. Chances are we'll save you hundreds of pounds as these people found out:

"Got my GAP insurance through Chris Knott, half my dealers quote, will definitely approach them for a quote when my car insurance is due too. Having the support through Chris Knott and the club gives a good feeling." Lobo, Yeti Owners Club

"I looked at the GAP cover which they advertised on the forum recently, and adding that to my car insurance cost came in only slightly higher than my existing policy.... So now my baby is fully insured, the value is protected for 3 years in case of total loss, and all modifications are included at like for like cover. Yes I'm happy, and once again the forum has not only saved me money, but delivered peace of mind and security." CR4ZYHORSE, Juke Owners Group

"Just wanted to say thanks to Chris Knott for providing my GAP cover - dealer quote £300... Chris Knott £112. This is on a New Juke Tekna, upgraded alloys, spoiler." unrealuk, Juke Owners Group

"Thanks for the GAP Insurance info, just took it out £83.....Dealer wanted £399." g1smo, Juke Owners Group

HOW TO GET A GAP INSURANCE QUOTE
You can call us for a GAP quote on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and follow the 'car' options or get a quote online at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/GAP

CAR INSURANCE DUE IN SEPTEMBER?
Remember too that during September if you ask us for a car insurance quote you will be entered into our draw to WIN a Karcher Car Pressure Washer and there'll be another prize for each of the remaining months of the year too (see a previous forum post for details).

Best regards,
Nick

See less See more
#4 ·
For those who don't want to follow links

What is Combination GAP cover?

In the event of a total loss, your insurer will only pay you the market value of your vehicle at the time of the loss. However, you may have outstanding finance owing on the vehicle which is greater than that market value. In any case you'll get back less than you paid for, or owe, on the vehicle.

This insurance covers you for 3 years and pays you the difference between your insurer's payout and the net purchase invoice price or the outstanding finance amount (whichever is greater) so you can buy another car for the original value

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.