XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts - View Single Post - Fuel system failure (petrol)
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 12:52   #114
jeffery rover 75

jeffery rover 75 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fuel system failure (petrol)

Hi all, I have a similar fuel problem in my Rover 75 when it died and needed a tow truck last week, I have had replaced the "dead" petrol pump on the RH side of the fuel tank, and now need to change the fuel filter, to ensure the pump is not overloaded, the 75 having traveled just over 200 000klm.
The unit is mounted in the tank on the LH side, and is apparently only supplied as a complete module both here in Australia and in England. The replacement system I believe has a canister that takes a paper element. But I prefer to purchase just the filter not he unit at approximately 5 times the cost
I have removed the filter assembly and I have a steel cased fuel filter inside a plastic housing/assembly unit.
Can any one advise me where I can purchase a new steel replacement filter ONLY part number VDO 10 007005 The filter unit is 3" diam and 4" long with a central inlet in the top 0.7"diam and 2 holes in the bottom (size unknown)
The unit may be plastic if not available in steel.
reply's direct to my email of [email protected] will be appreciated
jeffery rover 75 is offline   Reply With Quote