MGF ride height - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MGTF / MGF

Old 22-01-2006, 15:26   #1
delrey

delrey is on a distinguished road
Default MGF ride height

I have 2000 VVC - I've checked ride height at the front according to the workshop manual and it would seem my car is maybe 10mm too low even allowing for ambient temps. I'll have the car pumped up but although the measurements at the front are almost the same the two at the rear are about 8-10mm different. Do I have to worry about this or is it just one of those things?
delrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-01-2006, 17:38   #2
petevick

petevick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MGF ride height

you can't pump up just the fronts as each side is connected.

MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for tips, tricks, faq's and links
petevick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 18:39   #3
Stafainn
Born Again MG Enthusiast

Stafainn is on a distinguished road

Go for a run round the block in it and then let it settle. Measure and see if they are the same now. You might find if they are not then the fronts have changed a little as well. Repeat process until they are all the same.
Old 22-01-2006, 18:55   #4
Mark.L

Mark.L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrey
I have 2000 VVC - I've checked ride height at the front according to the workshop manual and it would seem my car is maybe 10mm too low even allowing for ambient temps. I'll have the car pumped up but although the measurements at the front are almost the same the two at the rear are about 8-10mm different. Do I have to worry about this or is it just one of those things?
When checking the ride height you measure from the front wheels ONLY, NOT the rear!...... the Hydragas is linked front to rear each side, so you cant do each corner on its own!!..

The standard ride height is 368mm, with an allowance of + or - 10mm........ if the ride height is within these measures I would leave alone!!.
Mark.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2006, 10:16   #5
Stafainn
Born Again MG Enthusiast

Stafainn is on a distinguished road

I think what delrey is saying that when he measures the front wheels everything is ok and therefore the rears should also be the same side to side (although different measurement from front), but they are not. Apart from the above advice, the only thing I can think of is that the ground where the car is sitting is not level and that's why the measurements vary from side to side.
Old 23-01-2006, 12:01   #6
delrey

delrey is on a distinguished road

Yes that is what I'm saying. The ground is level so I'm lost for an explanation except perhaps a fault or its within normal expectations. Has anyone else measured all 4 corners for comparison?
delrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2006, 15:29   #7
Mark.L

Mark.L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrey
Yes that is what I'm saying. The ground is level so I'm lost for an explanation except perhaps a fault or its within normal expectations. Has anyone else measured all 4 corners for comparison?
Sorry mis-understood your post??

The 10mm difference could be a weak shocker on one side, or a worn suspension knuckle.......... perhaps get it checked for your own piece of mind.

Unless you have a 60s profile tyre on one side, and a 50 on the other of course!!!
Mark.L is offline   Reply With Quote