ZS Alarm setting problem - Any help out there please... - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG Model Specific > MG ZS

Old 24-03-2017, 09:59   #1
Theeggman
Nah, I'll drive.

Theeggman will become famous soon enough
Default ZS Alarm setting problem - Any help out there please...

Hi All,

ZS180MK2 – Sudden alarm setting issue.....

No issues in the past although the car does spend quite a bit of time in the drive as is not used as my daily vehicle. No similar issue occurred in the past...

Came back in the other night after a short drive, only used the drivers door. On closing I was unable to set the alarm – short single “blip” on the horn to suggest door not shut correctly. Tried again – same. If I recall I started the car, turned off and tried setting whilst still in the vehicle – worked. Open door tried again – fail.

Repeated starting the engine, turned off and then got out of passenger door – alarm set.

Had to move it this morning but similar symptoms occurred other than I don't seem to be able to get alarm to set at all – single horn “blip” each time I try regardless.

Immediate though was drivers [Edit not passenger !] door switch or connections but didn't make much sense when I could set it going out of passenger door - if anybody has any pointers from similar symptoms would be very much appreciated.

Not sure on options if its not obvious !

Many thanks

The Eggman
ZS180 MkII Hatch, Pearl Black

Last edited by Theeggman; 25-03-2017 at 10:12. Reason: Typos
Theeggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-03-2017, 21:55   #2
Talkingcars

Talkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant future
Default Re: ZS Alarm setting problem - Any help out there please...

The ZS uses a micro switch in the lock mechanism and it isn't uncommon for these to fail giving locking issues.
Current projects
OEM Cruise control
Climate control in a mk1 consol
Thinking about
LPG
Pop up sat nav

WWW.TALKINGCARS.ME.UK
Talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:02   #3
Theeggman
Nah, I'll drive.

Theeggman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ZS Alarm setting problem - Any help out there please...

Hi

Thanks for the input T'Cars...as a quick follow up yes it did just appear to be the micro switch on the drivers centre pillar that was the culprit.

I took it off and opened it up to give it a clean but the contacts were a little worn and had possibly become misaligned. Put it back and all seemed OK – I have also now swapped it over with less used one but I'll look to pick up a replacement one due course.

The Eggman
ZS180 MkII Hatch, Pearl Black
Theeggman is offline   Reply With Quote