Went to Pod last weekend - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > Social Events > 1/4 mile

Old 23-03-2016, 10:23   #1
shroonie29
Audi S4 500HP

shroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Went to Pod last weekend

It was RWYB at Pod.so I went along to see how I got on.

Was a cold day with allot of moisture in the air & a very slippy staging area.

Traction was poor (as you can see from my 60FT times) but I managed 1 cleanish run

Santa Pod UK
12.26 @ 116.86
Fuel was UK 99 with 3litres of Bio-ethanol in a full tank taking it to 100RON (95AKI)
Revo stage 1+,Revo intake,Milltek ValveSonic exhaust
19/03/2016
DA 1,389.33

Filled the tank with teco 99 + 3 litres of Bio-Ethanol to boost the octane upto 100RON(95AKI)

This allowed me to use the most powerful map file on the S4.

Using that mixture I get 0 knock & few more degrees of timing (found this by logging via the diagnostic port)

Pretty pleased with it for a 1st timer

I think I can get into the high 11's on a the right day
Advertisement

Old 26-03-2016, 11:12   #2
ian zs180

ian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to beholdian zs180 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Went to Pod last weekend

Well done andy you did well .
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 19:09   #3
Talkingcars

Talkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant future

Yes, nice one, it's something I want to try one day (been saying that for most of this century).
Current projects
OEM Cruise control
Climate control in a mk1 consol
Thinking about
LPG
Pop up sat nav

WWW.TALKINGCARS.ME.UK
Talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26-03-2016, 23:48   #4
shroonie29
Audi S4 500HP

shroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond reputeshroonie29 has a reputation beyond repute

cheers chaps

I was never sure about drag racing,but after doing it I cant wait to go again
Old 27-03-2016, 01:24   #5
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really nice

Pods always slippy I think when I ran the Evo in the street car challenge was getting major wheel spin even with the centre diff in "snow" mode had to run 20psi in front tyres with hit the speed a bit. It is a good cheap bit of fun tho and it isn't to much stress on the cars which is always good.
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2016, 07:27   #6
penfold118

penfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant future

Sounds a great day out. I'm tempted to chuck the BM down before it goes back. Its meant to run a 13.2 out the box..
Old 31-03-2016, 09:16   #7
shroonie29
Audi S4 500HP

It's a great day out for any petrol head I think.

I loved it
Old 31-03-2016, 10:20   #8
penfold118

penfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant futurepenfold118 has a brilliant future

Yer just been on the pod's website. would be great

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroonie29 View Post
It's a great day out for any petrol head I think.

I loved it
Old 01-04-2016, 22:50   #9
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really niceJOHNDQ is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by penfold118 View Post
Sounds a great day out. I'm tempted to chuck the BM down before it goes back. Its meant to run a 13.2 out the box..
Have a go you will have a good day (apart from all the waiting around) you will need a cracking start and good 0-60 foot time to make that ET tho which can be tricky
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 18:11   #10
Talkingcars

Talkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkingcars View Post
Yes, nice one, it's something I want to try one day (been saying that for most of this century).
and some of the previous, wanted to take my baja bug to the Essex track before it closed.
Current projects
OEM Cruise control
Climate control in a mk1 consol
Thinking about
LPG
Pop up sat nav

WWW.TALKINGCARS.ME.UK
Talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote