Hello from Me. - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > MG & XPF Community > Welcome to new Members at XPF!

Old 03-02-2017, 10:36   #1
Little Rob
Track day Newbie!

Little Rob is on a distinguished road
Smile Hello from Me.

Just thought I should do a quick hello and an introduction.

I'm Robin from Lincolnshire. I bought my 1st MG over 10 years ago, a BRG F which I still own. I have loved motorsport for as long as I can remember but have never had the funds or bottle to pursue my passion beyond a quick dabble at Motocross as a young man. My elder brother has competed in Sidecar racing on and off for 25 years or so,so I go round the country supporting him where I can. Anyway enough waffle,and down to the reason I have joined XpowerForum.
Last year I became enthused with the idea of track days. Seeing as though I love driving my F with no roof on it was a natural progression to look at using an MG for the track days. My F is only a 115hp version,non vvc, but I had tweaked it a bit with Scorpion exhaust,decat and an enclosed cone filter modification. I decided that it would too much work to convert that so trawled through Ebay and found a suitable TF160. This was purchased for decent fee and brought home. I gave it a service,changed the underfloor coolant pipes as they leaked the second day of ownership.Swapped the Scorpion exhaust and de-cat from my F,fitted new alternator as the cable rotted off the same day!
I have done 1 track-day at my very local Blyton Park circuit.(5 miles from home!) I absolutely loved it,but need to make lots more improvements to get more upto the speeds of everyone else. I will start a thread asking a few more specific questions on the relevant pages soon.
Sorry for waffling on,you may have to get used to that
Little Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 20:35   #2
Talkingcars

Talkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello from Me.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The F is great fun to throw around a track, I've never done a track day in mine but I have taken it around Reims, Naples and Monaco F1 circuits.

James
Current projects
OEM Cruise control
Climate control in a mk1 consol
Thinking about
LPG
Pop up sat nav

WWW.TALKINGCARS.ME.UK
Talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote