MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

MGF ride height

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mark.L 
#1 ·
I have 2000 VVC - I've checked ride height at the front according to the workshop manual and it would seem my car is maybe 10mm too low even allowing for ambient temps. I'll have the car pumped up but although the measurements at the front are almost the same the two at the rear are about 8-10mm different. Do I have to worry about this or is it just one of those things? :roll:

#4 ·
delrey said:
I have 2000 VVC - I've checked ride height at the front according to the workshop manual and it would seem my car is maybe 10mm too low even allowing for ambient temps. I'll have the car pumped up but although the measurements at the front are almost the same the two at the rear are about 8-10mm different. Do I have to worry about this or is it just one of those things? :roll:
When checking the ride height you measure from the front wheels ONLY, NOT the rear!...... the Hydragas is linked front to rear each side, so you cant do each corner on its own!!..

The standard ride height is 368mm, with an allowance of + or - 10mm........ if the ride height is within these measures I would leave alone!!.

#5 ·
I think what delrey is saying that when he measures the front wheels everything is ok and therefore the rears should also be the same side to side (although different measurement from front), but they are not. Apart from the above advice, the only thing I can think of is that the ground where the car is sitting is not level and that's why the measurements vary from side to side.

#7 ·
delrey said:
Yes that is what I'm saying. The ground is level so I'm lost for an explanation except perhaps a fault or its within normal expectations. Has anyone else measured all 4 corners for comparison?
Sorry mis-understood your post??

The 10mm difference could be a weak shocker on one side, or a worn suspension knuckle.......... perhaps get it checked for your own piece of mind.

Unless you have a 60s profile tyre on one side, and a 50 on the other of course!!! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.