wtb MG ZT - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > XPF Market Place > Wanted; incl. Ebay items!

Old 30-05-2017, 02:33   #1
Gaz
MGaz. lifes too short not too

Gaz is on a distinguished road
Question wtb MG ZT

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a ZT saloon.

I'm after something in Trophy blue ideally. Anybody got anything going for a bargain?

Not really interested in K4 variants due to HGF, I'd love a 260 (who wouldn't) But probably out of my pocket money range. lol

I'm torn between a 190 or a CDTI . I'm guessing the 190 it pretty poor on fuel though? So I probably couldn't enjoy it on a regular basis. So a chipped Diesel would probably make the most sense.

Its a hard choice as I've all ways wanted a 190, but my head is telling me to go economy.

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro:
2.5L GTi ENGINEERING RE2500 5 cylinder
Schrick 272 camshaft
Custom Auto Craft 2.5" T304 stainless Exhaust system
ITG panel air filter
Super Flex poly bushes
BOGE Turbo Gas shocks
16" BORBET A's
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 09:48   #2
kindofblue
Lighten up dude

kindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud of
MG Re: wtb MG ZT

Hi mate

the board is a little quite these days - I think most people are using Twitter and Facebook now.

You are right on the ZT - diesel is a BMW unit and bullet proof - way to go as the youngest ZT you will find these days will be 11 years old. Watch the sub frames at the back which can collapse due to rust - on some late cars the under-seal left a lot to be desired. Don't get a 1.8 T K4 unless you are ready for head work - even if its been done, it will depend on the quality of the repair / mechanic how long it lasts.

ZT 190 - as the name suggests they run just short of 200BHP on a V6 so a nice, quick well equipped semi-luxury sports saloon / estate. However, the KV6 needs to be well maintained and in particular the VIS (butterfly) valves which open up the extra performance. It can be thirsty and has to be worked through the gears to get the zip out of it, lazy engine under 3000 revs but this also means it is nice and casual when you want a quiet ride.

Try MG Rover .org another board for a little more activity and possibly nicely kept cars by single owners.

Best
225 / 40 / 17 - 7.5J AVON ZZ3's
EBC Green Pads
'Sheddist' Clutch
'Masher' Oil Catch Tank
Stebel Twin Air Horn
SCU Relay Upgrade
kindofblue is online now   Reply With Quote