Interior light weak glow... - XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts
Logo

Go Back   XPowerForums - For MG, XPower & Motorsport Enthusiasts > General Technical Section - ask the Experts! > I.C.E. / Electrical Systems / Security

Old 13-09-2016, 00:34   #1
kindofblue
Lighten up dude

kindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud of
MG Interior light weak glow...

I have my interior light unit switched off generally as we have done the battery more than once after leaving the car with it ON (kids, dogs, shopping its the last thing on my mind). I haven't even tried the light for a year. Turned it on tonight and its bizarre... nothing for a second or two and then a very weak orange glow like a torch with a battery on its last legs.

Car running fine, other exterior / boot lights etc seem to be OK. Just done an SCU repair but pretty certain interior light isn't on that circuit.

I am thinking bad earth maybe? Too late tonight to do anything more now. Its this unit in the ZS.

P
225 / 40 / 17 - 7.5J AVON ZZ3's
EBC Green Pads
'Sheddist' Clutch
'Masher' Oil Catch Tank
Stebel Twin Air Horn
SCU Relay Upgrade
kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-09-2016, 22:46   #2
Talkingcars

Talkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant future
Default Re: Interior light weak glow...

IIRC the mk2 interior lights are controlled by the alarm section of the BCU.
Current projects
OEM Cruise control
Climate control in a mk1 consol
Thinking about
LPG
Pop up sat nav

WWW.TALKINGCARS.ME.UK
Talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 22:03   #3
kindofblue
Lighten up dude

kindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud ofkindofblue has much to be proud of
MG Re: Interior light weak glow...

Hi mate

apologies - been working late. Thats interesting about the BCU. When removing the SCU / BCU for the relay repair (s) I didn't touch anything else on the board and the fobs / alarm / locking worked fine first time after the refit (hazards flash as expected etc). I'll have another look though, thanks.

I have another identical light unit which I intend to fit in the rear of the Zed for the kids so I will try that first with the same wiring, rule out the unit and bulb.

Paul
225 / 40 / 17 - 7.5J AVON ZZ3's
EBC Green Pads
'Sheddist' Clutch
'Masher' Oil Catch Tank
Stebel Twin Air Horn
SCU Relay Upgrade
kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24-09-2016, 17:49   #4
Talkingcars

Talkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant futureTalkingcars has a brilliant future
Default Re: Interior light weak glow...

I fitted a Rover 800 roof light to my mk1 ZS. it is currently sitting in the shed waiting to go in the MK2.
Current projects
OEM Cruise control
Climate control in a mk1 consol
Thinking about
LPG
Pop up sat nav

WWW.TALKINGCARS.ME.UK

Last edited by Talkingcars; 24-09-2016 at 17:54.
Talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, interior, light, mg zs