MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

TF camber problem

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MG_XPower 
#1 ·
my dad has recently purchased a new TF and having run it in found a problem with the front wheel camber being differant doth sides he never realy noticed it while running in but when he got to using the thing properly in tryed to throw him off when a quick bend tightend up nearly putting it in to the hedge he knows the corner very well and there was nothing on the roadsurface the camber figures are 1degree posi on the drivers side and 1degree negi the other .there looks to be no realy way to adjust the camber so has any body got any ideas

#3 ·
there is no way to adjust the front camber, those figures indicate the front subframe/bottom arm is either bent or bolted in incorrectly in some way. Follow Steves advice and take it back

#4 ·
thanks for your reply just one small problem the dealer shut up shop 2 days ago the tracking and camber have been cheaked with the proper kit we use to set up or rally cars so we know it works .we will have a go at undoing the subframe and see if we can sort it that way.

thanks again

rallyric

#5 ·
I did here of a batch of dodgy subframes being used on some cars. Its possable you ended up with one of these. is the car on finance? if so then the responcability of the warranty falls on the finance company so worth checking with them what they want to do about it.
I did do a bit of research and have found that Mike Satur sells billet alloy suspension arms for the MGF, which have adjustable camber, but I don't know if they will fit a TF with its different suspension setup. Plus they are the best part of £300 a pair.

#6 ·
thanks steve
the car was bought cash brand new it hadnt even been cleaned when my dad got it .the bottom arm idea is nice but we are going to try to unrivet the ball joint from the tca and redrill the holes .this may spark horror into sum people but we do know whats involved weve done the maths properly and my dads a real engineer not a bodger. but we will cheak the subframe frist

thanks agian

rallyric :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.